Do you name your car/trailer/dolly/tent, etc?  I saw on another blog someone else named their trailer and I wondered "how many other people are goofy like me and name their stuff too?" 

Personally, I have an SUV named Lola b/c she seems spicy and sexy!  And I recently replaced Travis the Trailer with the larger and sleeker Stealthy Dwarf.  Silly, yes.  Its a Stealth trailer and I'm rather obsessed with the show Once Upon a Time, so naturally the only name I heard when I saw "stealth" was Stealthy Dwarf. 

Ah, the little things in life that bring a smile to our faces.  Fortunately, I'm easily amused.  What are some of your goofy names?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• When my kids were little I named our huge yellow Oldsmobile Vistacruiser "Moby Banana". Later our staid Studebaker Lark was called Auntie Jane.

None of my cars since have had enough character to warrant a name, but my flashy red Suzuki motorcycle is known as Suzie.

• We call her the angel van

100_0107.jpg

• My parents named their Bonneville Barney and I have followed suit with most of my vehicles.  Back when we did drag racing we had Baby and B**ch.  Baby was the pretty one and B**ch was the black 1LE Camaro, no radio, no a/c, no frills, just fast.  Then there was Leon the Neon and Scooter the 350Z.  We currently have Patrick the Pathfinder, Rubi the Rubicon Jeep (it's also red).  I had a little trouble naming the van, nothing seemed to stick, until I just started calling it Vanny.  The pickup truck which generally only goes to the dump and back is called - the pickup.

• This is "Lucy" a 28" Summit Splitter made by United Shoe Machinery Corp. , Boston MA. I download?id=2160589%3AUploadedFile%3A346934&width=250contacted them for a maual reprint and I got back "where did you find that?" and a only a parts list from their archives. I later found a manual for a smaller version on EBay. I had to move Lucy when we did some studio remodeling and was able to move her about 6' using two automotive floor jacks. She has her own dedicated 220V power supply for her 5hp motor. She is used to split thick leather down to thinner leather, mainly pieces trimmed off saddle parts for spur straps. Not many of these machines around any more as most went to the scrap yards years ago. Several of the internal gears were stamped with Stars of David.  Her serial number is 707. I have seen pictures of early 1900's saddle shops with these machines.

LUCY.jpg

• The first trailer we had was, naturally, Artie. He was kinda small, so he got sold to a guy in a wedding band. Our second trailer was so big we called it the "Artanic". It had a long pointy prow. After it got stolen, we replaced it with a slightly smaller trailer, who is, appropriately enough, also ARThur. Sick.

We have a Garmin Nuvi GPS, with a funny voice in it. His name is Squirrely, and trust me, his directions are as well. Sometimes he's right.

The truck is blue with a tan interior, and is pretty burly. And yes, he's got a name, too. BluTan.

I can come with names for just about anything.

• Seems like here in Michigan it should just be named ArtVan, really making it the leader.

• I call my Ford E350 "the Land Barge" and occasionally "teeth rattler" as the 80psi tire pressure doesn't give a minivan type ride. Heading up and down I-65 can be an exciting adventure at times when I hit the potholes and rough pavement.

The GPS is Nanny ;-) I'm considering changing the voice to the Drill Sargeant, R. Lee Ermey, on Mail Call.

• I have a turn-of-the-century leather splitter with a 26" long blade that weighs over a ton. It was loaded in my Suburban with a fork lift and I had to take it apart to unload it. I painted it red as I cleaned and rebuilt it. It is known as "Lucy" after Luciele Ball.
    • Ahh, you appreciate the redheads also, Dick. What does that look like?

• My red Ranger Ford pickup is named Bonnie after Bonnie Raitt because I like to imagine I am as cool as she is.

Not sure that my Nuvi deserves such a good name as yours, Maryllis. It had me driving circles around Indianapolis recently and I should have known better. I knew home was north on 465 not south like it told me to do, yet I went south.

This reply was deleted.