I have been in the art show business for over 30 years in the category of jewelry. This year I decided to prepare a body of work that will be in the category of mixed media. I am spending this year producing the art and designing a new booth. So next year at shows I'll be the new guy all over again!

One of my many questions is this: when it comes to photographing the pieces for jury, should the image be the art only, or should it be photographed matted and framed? My mixed media collages are works on paper that will be framed under glass. Thanks for helping!

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you all for your helpful responses. I am going forward with getting work photographed before framing. 

• before you sign the pieces also.

Larry Berman

• My wife and I are collaborators. She makes the drawings and 2d mixed media, and I handcraft all of her frames. Quite often the frames are hand carved and gilded,and sometimes they add content to the artwork. I decided several years ago to quit showing the frames with the images. I recommend showing the art all by itself for the reason Larry B. stated.

• Your booth picture is to show the presentation. If you upload images with mats and frames, your images of the art you're being juried on will appear smaller than your competition.

Larry Berman
    http://BermanGraphics.com
    412-401-8100

• It should be the art only, unless the framing is unique to the piece or integral to it.

This reply was deleted.