Judges with iPads

Has anyone encountered judges with iPads at any of their shows? Was anyone at Mount Dora last weekend where the judges used the iPads to "shoot their own images of the art as a memory aid, take notes while on the spot and compare with other judges' ratings and reasons."

The iPads were loaded with images and information supplied by the artists and sorted by booth space numbers to enable the judges to view the work of 294 exhibitors and pass out the $21,000 in award money. 

I can't imagine having to judge 294 booths of work in one day and how the judges can even make sense of that overload. It isn't like they are sitting in the jury room, that is a long haul. Will the iPads make it easier for them? Seems like that is just too much and hopefully you and your fine work will stand out as these choices are really going to be hard to make. 

More info from the Orlando Sentinel.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ZAPP has an iPad app and rents the iPads out to shows for on site standards. I'm not sure if they can do jurying on it though.

Consistent with ZAPP image issues, I was told by a show director that the viewer has to pinch the image to make it smaller to see the entire image on the iPad.

Larry Berman
    http://BermanGraphics.com
    412-401-8100

This reply was deleted.