Item Name Badges For Products

Good Afternoon to you all!

Recently I purchased new pro panels for our photography booth. Now having the panels, its time to make a few other changes.

I am curious what all of you use for your product/item name badges in your booths. How you mount them i.e.: velcro, magnetic, pin, tape etc and where you order them.

I would like to have some really nice product descriptions and available sizes etc listed on these badges. 

Do you laser engrave yours? Do you type them.

Any assistance and advice is appreciated! 

Thanks Everyone!

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Chuck,

you may have already figured out your solution, but if not, here is an idea. I purchased name tags from Office Depot. The type with the clear plastic folded pocket and a pin on the back (Avery® Pin Style Name Badge Kits, Business Card Size, 2 1/4" x 3 1/2", Box Of 100 Item # 303529) I cut them in half, but you can leave them full size. I attached a small piece of velcro on the back of each, which affixes easily to the ProPanels. I then create a document on the computer with multiple squares (the size of the plastic sleeve) each having the name of the piece, description and price. I cut them out and slip them into the sleeve. It's very simple, allows you to change out the info easily and also has the added benefit of tracking what work you have at each show. (I make a new document before each show which of course is saved on the computer). 

• Hi Chuck - I'm a little late to this thread, but I agree - there are a lot of good ideas on here.

What I've been using are 3/4" x 6" label holders (although you can get them in different sizes).  They come with inserts.  I print out the names and prices of the pieces I need for the show on the inserts.  Then, for the next show, I only need to change out those pieces that sold for new ones.  I put a piece of velcro on the back and stick them next to the painting on the ProPanel.

• Forgot to mention that I cut the label holders down to 2" or 3" long pieces, depending on what I need.

• CA,

I would love to see an image of your tags. Can you post one?

Thanks!

• Hey Check - here you go.  The first one shows what I use - the 6" label and the inserts, along with a front and back of a label once I'm done with them.

The second is the front of the label package, in case you're interested.  I get them from US Plastics; the item number is on the front of the package.

If you have any other questions, glad to help.

CA

301686354?profile=original
          301686902?profile=original

• Thanks CA. Helpful info! I appreciate it!

• We ordered 2.25 x 4.25 pieces of mar board from Dixie Matting.  Clear 2 x 4 labels preprinted fit nicely, when I reorder. I'll have the edges tapered.  We have also used the blank sheets precut for printing your own business cards.

• I print Avery labels, business card stock size with title, medium, and price and slide them into standard clear name badges with pins on the back. Then I just stick the pins into my mesh walls next to the paintings.

• Thanks Sheila. Thats almost exactly what we were doing with the mesh panels. We wanted to "kick it up a notch" with some new ones. So far I have read some great ideas! 

Thanks again

• I print out a word doc description and price, print it on a good quality card stock, use spray adhesive to tack the entire page (pages) to fome core, then use my mat cutter to cut out the individual tags.  I have a large roll of velcro dots (about 3/4" I think) and use two of the 'tooth' side dots on the back of each tag - sticks nicely to the propanels.  I also use those dots for info sheets - bio, 'about the work,' etc. throughout the booth.

This reply was deleted.