Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Is there any software or iPhone app available to layout show walls in advance?

Looking for a solution!

My pieces are very heavy and are assorted sizes.  The last thing I want to do when setting up a show is be moving them all around to see where they fit and what looks best.  I'm doing my first outdoor show next weekend.  For previous indoor shows, I've gotten a piece of grid paper and scaled it to the size of the walls I get for the show, then used a pencil and a lot of erasing to figure out a layout prior to the show.  

Then, when unloading, I can just hang each piece on the wall where I know I want it.  My artwork is also kind of fragile and I can't be leaving it all over the ground.

So, since there's software or an app for everything out there, what is a simple, hopefully free solution for this?  Something where I can input and label each piece once, designate the size of my walls, and drag and drop the pieces until I'm satisfied with the layout?  Then I could print it out and bring it to set up.

Thanks for any ideas!

Nan 

www.nankennedy.com

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Google Sketchup is a free 3D layout and rendering tool.  I have built my booths, moved furniture and layed out entire displays with it.  There is a little ramp up, their tutorials are very good.

Otherwise just use any drawing tool (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) and turn the display grids on.  You can probably do a 2D rendering very quickly

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

© 2019   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service