In Memoriam: Bernard Blekfeld

Photographer Bernard Blekfeld of Orlando, FL, died recently. Details from his family are pending. 

He participated in art fairs for many years and was an AFI member.  

Here is a nice remembrance from another photographer from an email I received:

Though I didn’t know Bernie well, he was always pleasant and polite to me. He liked us and we would talk and joke around with him at shows. He had great work, and he was an interesting presence out there “in the trenches” with everybody else at these shows.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• P. S. Sorry for your loss.
    • Thanks Rita, maybe I'll meet you and your husband at one of the shows down the road. Heard about you both from other Photographers. I was helping Bernie learn to paint he'd thought about going down a new path. Mike

• Thank you for posting. I had heard that he was buried there, but I did not know that he was a Veteran. He was a talented photographer.
  • If anyone is in the Bushnell, FL area Bernie is buried at the Florida National Cemetery. If you stop by to visit his grave site ask for Bernard C. Blekfeld or Bernard Chester Blekfeld at the entrance's welcome center. Like to say more but still wrapping my head around his passing, we'd become like brothers and he left this place to early.

• Has anyone found out what happened to Bernard Blekfeld? I can't find anything in the Orlando obits, or online.
  • Rest in peace

• Rest In Peace, Bernie.
  • He was an exhibitor at Saint James Court last week.  Does anyone know what happened?

• I had talked to Bernie about 1 week before St. James. His intentions were to come. He was a no show at St. James. He had a true artist spirit and I will miss him. RIP Bernie.

• 301687766?profile=original

BernieBlekfeld.jpg

This reply was deleted.