Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Photographer Bernard Blekfeld of Orlando, FL, died recently. Details from his family are pending. 

He participated in art fairs for many years and was an AFI member.  

Here is a nice remembrance from another photographer from an email I received:

Though I didn’t know Bernie well, he was always pleasant and polite to me. He liked us and we would talk and joke around with him at shows. He had great work, and he was an interesting presence out there “in the trenches” with everybody else at these shows.

Views: 1029

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't now him but I love the painting.

Thank you for the post. Connie. It is always sad when those in our fold pass on.

I am sorry to hear about this. I had a great time with him at shows. He was a fine photographer. I attached a pic of Bernie since the system won't show me the appropriate buttons to post it in the text body.

Attachments:

He was an exhibitor at Saint James Court last week.  Does anyone know what happened?

I had talked to Bernie about 1 week before St. James. His intentions were to come. He was a no show at St. James. He had a true artist spirit and I will miss him. RIP Bernie.

Rest In Peace, Bernie.

Rest in peace

Has anyone found out what happened to Bernard Blekfeld? I can't find anything in the Orlando obits, or online.

If anyone is in the Bushnell, FL area Bernie is buried at the Florida National Cemetery. If you stop by to visit his grave site ask for Bernard C. Blekfeld or Bernard Chester Blekfeld at the entrance's welcome center. Like to say more but still wrapping my head around his passing, we'd become like brothers and he left this place to early.

Thank you for posting. I had heard that he was buried there, but I did not know that he was a Veteran. He was a talented photographer.
P. S. Sorry for your loss.

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

© 2019   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service