Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

... and I'd like your help figuring out what folks are interested in. I get asked my advice quite often, at shows, here on ArtFairInsiders, and elsewhere. If you're interested in photography (and who isn't, nowadays, what with cel phone cameras & easy digital cameras), what would pique your interest?

I've got a survey going over on Survey Monkey. If you have five minutes to give me your opinion, it might help you focus your thinking about photography, as well as help me out.

And I'm going to do a drawing out of all the responses for a free workshop. If you're not local to Michigan and you win, that's okay. I'll figure out some other cool prize.

Here's the link. And thanks!

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Based upon what you said in response HERE ON AFI IN PAT SORBINI'S "PHOTOG ADVICE NEEDED" THREAD, I'd want to know more about this stuff. I am less inclined to go on a trip with you to a location. But learning the new software and possibilities with it? Yes. All this new computer post processing is so different than darkroom. We were considerably limited in what we could do, and most of the time that was a considerable benefit to the medium for die-hard users, yet a deterrent for many photogs. I think that's how the medium got so wrapped up into letting someone else do the printing and developing and darkroom work for them.

Don't get me wrong, Barrie. I have lots and lots of images that are beautiful location shots. But the landscape has changed so dramatically, that post-production is now an integral part of what we do as photographers. It's very hard to separate the two. One way to think about it is that the field capture is to some degree, just gathering source material.

Jim, I'm forwarding your survey to a friend who has taken numerous photography trips, and who has your work hanging in her house. As she is not part of our business her comments should be helpful too.

Thanks, Connie. Any and all comments are helpful, if not necessarily actionable!

Jim, I make more money on big workshops than big shows. The trick is finding enough people to fill multiple workshops and finding time to market workshops while marketing fine art since the customers are a totally different market. I do get some workshop clients from amateurs cruising shows to see what photographers are showing but cross selling doesn't happen. Email me if you want more info.

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

© 2019   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service