Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Welcome to our Secret Santa-ing group. Names were drawn on Dec. 6. What to do next:

1. Open that email and you'll find out who you will be sending your gift to. 
  2. Go to that person's link on DrawNames.com and leave them a message. If there is not a mailing address ask them to add it to their page. Send a cheery greeting.
  3. Decide on a gift. This is not about $$. It is about sharing your creativity, your art, some cool object that is handmade. Baking cookies is fine too. It's about community. 
  4. Put your package in the mail by December 17. 
  5. Leave comments below if you have questions AND post your gifts with photos if you can. There will be a prize for the most creative response. A highly respected juror will choose the winner.

P. S. If you don't know how to "add an image" to your comment, click here for help: Get Started

Happy holidays to all my friends in Art Fair Land!

Views: 3223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Claudette, et al, I've finally dug myself out of all my backed up projects and have contacted DrawNames.com help just now to get some resolution for the glitches that appeared this year. Stay tuned.

Thanks Connie :)

I just checked the tracking for the gift I sent out several weeks ago and it shows it has been finally delivered! Why it went all the way there and then all the way back to me and then back again...???

Last call for thank yous. The judge, Cindy Lerick, from the St. Louis Art Fair/Sausalito Art Festival and the Uptown Art Fair, is judging in the next 24 hours.

I have tried and tried to post the picture of the beautiful piece of pottery that Darrel Bowman made.  It holds three flowers at a time.  I have been using it for my camellias.

IMG_7041.jpg

I think I got it!

Darrel Bowman, THANK YOU!

P Henson, Mobile, AL

Hope you don't mind, Phyllis. I uploaded the image itself. Lovely!

Here is what I sent to my person :) she didn't send a photo, so here it is, from me to share with you all. It's an Encaustic Hot Wax painting, with impressions that are enhances with oil paint. I've carved into the wax and detailed it with ink, shaved off the excess and buffed. There are numerous layers of thin wax that is heated each time, one to the previous layer that is equal to 15 or more layers of wax. This bonds one layer to the other to create one solid work. I love the process and hang my work at the Blackhawk Gallery in Danville, CA ~ Enjoy! You can see more of my Encaustic and other work on my website www.ClaudetteMcDermottFineArt.com

Attachments:

Retry :)

Lovely, Claudette. Thanks for posting.

(My recipient didn't post either ... and I was pretty psyched about her gift.)

My recipient didn't post either, but I know they got it.

Why is it so difficult to post a picture? I can't figure it out

Karole, 

1. click on the little icon right above, a square with an image of a mountain in it. See it there? The rest of the directions, in fact all of them are in the "Getting Started" in the tab at the top of this page. A good description by Larry Berman that should help you.

This link takes you directly there: https://www.artfairinsiders.com/page/start-discussion-or-post

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the our latest Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

Video Website Reviews

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service