Here Comes Santa! Part II - 2018

Welcome to our Secret Santa-ing group. Names were drawn on Dec. 6. What to do next:

1. Open that email and you'll find out who you will be sending your gift to. 
  2. Go to that person's link on DrawNames.com and leave them a message. If there is not a mailing address ask them to add it to their page. Send a cheery greeting.
  3. Decide on a gift. This is not about $$. It is about sharing your creativity, your art, some cool object that is handmade. Baking cookies is fine too. It's about community. 
  4. Put your package in the mail by December 17. 
  5. Leave comments below if you have questions AND post your gifts with photos if you can. There will be a prize for the most creative response. A highly respected juror will choose the winner.

P. S. If you don't know how to "add an image" to your comment, click here for help: Get Started

Happy holidays to all my friends in Art Fair Land!

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 8361618261?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I received a beautiful fused glass tray from Kristin Collier. Since I love everything glass this was perfect for me. I will post a picture as soon as I figure out how.
  • My Secret Santa was Robert Wallis and he is a photographer! I am always interested in see another photographer's work because it is like looking through their eyes. He sent me a framed image of the Ninini Point Lighthouse in Kauai, Hawaii and I believe it is during sunrise, it is truly a beautiful print! I gave him many things to pick from and one of them was all things ocean, he really came through with this! What he didn't know is that I collect lighthouses, they have a special place in my heart. This print ticked a lot of boxes, I am retired Coast Guard and lighthouses use to belong to the CG, some still do, and I was stationed in Hawaii years ago. So from this Florida Girl that has salt water running through her veins a very big THANK YOU to Robert for a wonderful gift! 3817371645?profile=RESIZE_710x 

• Santa comes through! My substitute Santa delivered on Jan. 18. Thanks so much to Rozy Lentz. I'm so impressed with this jewelry, a barrette with my monogram and amazing earrings! You've got to know after all the years I've been involved with art fairs (and also no girl ever has enough earrings), these are my favorites! I love the roughness of the design. They are truly one of a kind, and that is one of the big draws at art fairs.

901156974?profile=RESIZE_710x901159541?profile=RESIZE_710x

I don't know Roxy, so went to her website to learn more. Wow! So interesting. What I learned: The work is made from repurposed metal. "I find silver plate trays, brass and copper at the thrift store, and then make jewelry from them. When I first started this, I did it because I could not afford silver, and, it was a bit intimidating. But, old silver plate trays were easy to come by..." See for yourself: https://www.roxylentz.com

• Thanks Connie, I am glad you liked the jewelry. As I said, that piece that became a barrette, seemed to be waiting for you. 

• Drum roll please ... our esteemed judge, Cindy Lerick, Director of the Saint Louis Art Fair has chosen the winner of this year's Secret Santa gift exchange. Her mission was to read all the posts to the Secret Santa thank you discussion and choose the one that tells the best story and/or the whole package (thank you and gift) is the best.

The winner of the double set of coasters created by member Cindy Welch is Robin Klarmann

Honorable mention is Debbie Stillman.

Judge's comments:

I was intrigued with the story and amazed how she but the gift back together again. She could have thrown it out in the trash  and said “EHH I got screwed”, but she maintained the spirit of the holiday and put together to be sure her gift giver didn’t feel horrid. Kind gift receiver.

I also like the story by Debbie Stillman, who received a scarf and up until this year, she didn’t wear scarves. She didnot put that she was a newbie in the scarf scene and behold a scarf in her favorite color was her gift. A holiday gift gone right.

All of the gifts were amazing and I would have been honored to receive any of them. Kudos to all for a great job!

Congrats to Robin and Debbie. Robin wins the Cindy Welch coasters and Debbie wins a copy of Mckenna Hallett's Art Seller's Guidebook, "The E's of Selling Art System."

• When I first tried to post my image I selected "Upload Files" at the bottom, and it only loaded half the image that left a link in the bottom and body of the post to click. Then I tried with the square icon above this area where I'm typing now on the upper left side. This pasted into the body of this post and worked best ~

• I have received a beautiful painting of a sunset with palm trees and would love to share with you. But I can't figure out how to post a photo
  • Why is it so difficult to post a picture? I can't figure it out
    • Karole, 

1. click on the little icon right above, a square with an image of a mountain in it. See it there? The rest of the directions, in fact all of them are in the "Getting Started" in the tab at the top of this page. A good description by Larry Berman that should help you.

This link takes you directly there: https://www.artfairinsiders.com/page/start-discussion-or-post

This reply was deleted.