Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

85 Santa's are participating this year! Their gifts need to be in the mail by Dec. 16. Santa's gifts should be arriving soon at your house. 

Here is Part 2 of the gift exchange: post a photo of your gift in the comments below -- Show us what Santa sent you, please?

In exchange we will have a guest judge award a prize to the person who puts in the best story and shows us their gift --

Prizes for presents:

after you receive your gift, take a photo of it and post it below in the comments

• the best photo/gift combo will receive a $50 gift certificate from Ann Arbor's excellent Zingerman's Deli from us folks here at AFI (Connie, Jacki, Tina and John)

• (as I told you before I stole this idea from Reddit.com - this link will show you the Reddit giftees showing off their gifts)

Thanks for playing with me!

Here are last year's gifts: http://www.artfairinsiders.com/forum/topics/here-comes-santa-part-i...

Views: 4334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What can I say about my amazing Secret Santa but WOW WOW WOW!!  I had put on my wish list that my decor was Coastal, not beachy and my Secret Santa took the time to ask me questions.  My "not beachy" means no sea shells and Coastal means the colors of the Caribbean and landscape like Costa Rica.  My package arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to open it.  Inside I found an incredible original oil painting done by my Secret Santa with all the perfect colors including some highlights of orange which she didn't know were my accent walls.  To top it off she had wrap it beautifully!  And to add to it she included a handwritten note AND a bar of Castelbel Coconut Soap which just made me want to head to my tub.  What an amazing touch!  Thank you to Angela Sullivan.  Your art work is amazing and I couldn't be luckier than to have you as my Secret Santa this year.  Thank you Angela for giving such a heartfelt gift.  I hope to meet you some day at an Art Show.  

Angela Sullivan, your painting is beautiful.  This is one medium I've never had any talent with. Love yours.

I rec'd a lovely box from The Swiss Colony today. No name, but I do believe that it was from my Secret Santa from this group. I say this because s/he took the time to let me know that their art form was the same as mine (fused glass), and because of that, would I care for anything else? I thought it thoughtful to be asked this, and let them know. So if this is from you - my Secret Santa - I shall enjoy these treats in good health and raise a glass to you! Thank you! 

Gorgeous glass shell dish and pendant from Cissy Heaton!  I love them!  Thank you so much!!!

My photograph does NOT do these colors justice.

Many, many thanks to my Secret Santa, Phyllis Henson, for these beautiful graphite drawings.  I love them!!!  And I already know exactly where we'll be hanging them!  Phyllis also included some fun Mardi Gras beads with a description of the Mardi Gras parades and parties they have in Mobile.  Someday, I'd love to see that in person!  You can see that someone else in the family thought the beads were for her...

Attachments:

I am happy that "Kittie" liked the beads.  Enjoy the pictures and come to Mobile anytime.  We had

80 degree weather yesterday.  But, we did have a rare snow two weeks ago.  That happens about every ten years.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday!

Laurel, thank you so much for the great pottery. And duh. When you mentioned the sponge holder (we were wondering why the card holder would have holes in the bottom), we quickly figured out that its not really a wide-mouth vase (could be!) but a utensil holder. Here’s a pic. Wishing all Happy Holidays. And I add my thanks to Connie. What fun this has been!

Thanks to my Secret Santa Lisa Loudermilk for the package of Tex-Mex food that arrived yesterday. Merry Christmas!

Doh!  The shipping label.  Of course!! Merry Christmas, Elizabeth!   I love the instructions on those Don Chelada cups available at our finest gas stations.

Thank you, Janetta Smith, for the fun acrylic painting! It’s so festive and will be a part of our future holiday decorating! I love it!! Here’s my Hungarian mother-in-law showing it off for everyone!

You are welcome! And your mother-in-law looks like a fun lady to hang with.  

My Secret Santa gave a beautiful bracelet that was re-gifted to my wife, who says thank you very much to Diane Hutchison for a lovely bracelet. The photo doesn't do it justice, so time permitting, I may give it another shot, time permitting in the next few days.

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the our latest Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

Video Website Reviews

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service