Hello

Hi everybody!

My name is Carla and I am a Mexican artist that lives in the Chicago area.

I have been an artist since I remember and I used to do art shows but I have been kind of inactive in shows for the last 5 years because I had business that required all my time, well, now I don't have my business anymore so I can do my art full time and that is what makes me happy.

I am nervous because this will be my full time job and I have 3 kids so I hope you guys can give me tips in how to have a successful art business, art shows in IL, etc.

I am excited to go back to the art show business, I have been working hard all winter for this coming summer.

I have never stop painting, just inactive in shows but always creating and selling my work to friends, clients or referrals but now I'm happy to be here 100%. 

:)

DSCN3364.JPG

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Carla.  Welcome to the group.  Sorry to hear about your business.  It is a tough economic climate out there.  I do think things are starting to change though.  There is so much information here.  You will have access to Calls for Artists and lots of help from everyone.  There are a lot of shows in Illinois.  Have you been sending out applications?  Do you have a schedule lined up?  Good luck and we hope to see you around here.

Jacki B

• Hi Jacki, Thank you for your response. I do have some shows. Barrington , Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Old Orchard and I am still waiting for couple ones that I am on the waiting list.

I am excited because last time I did a show it was over 5 years ago. I did great because economy was different so I am nervous, I don't know what to expect, no idea how much money I will make, so it is going to be an adventure :) I'm just painting all day, all night, I don't even know how much inventory I need, any advice?

• We are pleased you found us, Carla, and hope the return to the art fairs enables you to enrich your life and find satisfaction. You might be especially interested in the Chicagoland group...check out the "groups" near the bottom of the page.
  • Hi Carla and welcome aboard :)  There is a wealth of information here - I'm still finding more daily!
    • Thank you Annette! I am having fun reading and browsing, Lots of great information!
This reply was deleted.