Greetings and yes, I'm new here!

Joe Clifton checking in from Florida where my lovely wife Mackie and I recently relocated from the Pacific Northwest.

"Why did you move from there Joe"?

Thanks for asking.  There are days I wonder until I talk to my oldest daughter yesterday and it was raining in the upper 50's and I was sitting outside with a cool one by the pool!  Enough of that.

Mackie and I have been creating art and doing shows for over 20 years predominately in the western US.  I'll be happy to share information on anything I know about shows in the California bay area, Oregon, Washington, and a few in Nevada and Arizona.

I've shared some photos here and my website has a few at www.cliftonmetalworks.com .  I appreaciate any insight on any shows that I should consider from Florida to Pennsylvania and east to the midwest.

Cheers!
Joe

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Welcome Joe -- I am also a new member to AFI. Your work is incredible. I love your birds. I am just curious, do you have some background as a welder or machinist or other trades man? You are extremely talented. I wish you the best of success in Florida.

Robin from Robin's Nest Treasures
    • Thank you for the kind words Robin!

I grew up on a farm in West Virginia, and my father taught me to weld when I was 14. I've been creating work since then. I was a journeyman lineman and manager for a west coast electric utility, and my wife and I did art and craft shows for over 20 years before I decided to hang up the power company last year.
  • Hi Joe,
    Ha! Looks like you've got a great boss! Good luck in Florida! I'm jealous!
    My parents live in Ft.Myers, FL. I would love to live in FL! Maybe one day.
    Great work too!
    • Hi Ali,
      The boss is great but don't be too jealous. The weather is getting great right now, but a little (more like a lot) far to a lot of the good shows. Living expenses are less than cheap though so that's a big plus. Our plan is to spend most of the summers elsewhere to do shows. Most likely we'll continue to do the west coast.
  • Hello Joe and Mackie. We are glad you joined us here at Art Fair Insiders. There are a lot of cool shows down there in Florida. Are you 2 doing a lot of those Florida shows?

Jacki B
    • Hi Jacki,
      Thanks for the note. I love the format and sharing aspect especially since we are new to this area. I have over 20 years of knowledge around the western us but nothing here.

I did two shows last spring: Port Orange Artfest, and the Peace River Festival in Punta Gorda. Both were so so. I've applied for Gasparilla and ArtFest Ft Myers so far. Any other suggestions?s
  • I love traveling with my dogs as you must too.maybe we'll meet on the road some time.
  • Hello Joe and welcome to Florida. You do beautiful work. Good luck with the upcoming season.
  • Welcome,
    Does your boss Sherman do shows with you? My boss Kaiser sometimes does shows with me. enjoy Florida.
    • Yes he does! We now have a new boss named Sofie. She's a fourth month old precocious miniature schnauzer, and she's really starting to run things around here now. You'll love to meet them.
This reply was deleted.