I have to stay in Texas for this year and need some help in compiling a list of good Texas shows to apply to, large and small.  Any little treasures out there for a photographer?  Any ones to avoid like the plaque?  I have been accepted to Bayou City and Rockport in the past.  Any tips will be appreciated.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Carol.  I think some are hesitant to just give you all the cards when we don't know you very well etc. etc.  BUT coming from an oil painter who does mostly skies (storms) and tree images I can tell you it really varies in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area at least.  Cottonwood will be good one year and the next it will be down.  I can't seem to get into Southlake so I don't know about it but my friends tell me it's a great show. It's small and hard to get a foot in.  Main Street is known as the diamond in Dallas/Ft. Worth area but I never apply as it is too long of a show for me with little children.  I hear that your busy all day, everyday though.  I will never do Dallas CityArts again.  But I have friends that do well at the 500inc. shows.  I think it's up to your medium and the setting.  God bless this year.  Hope Texas turns out to be great for you. 
This reply was deleted.