Can anyone share his/her opinion on these three shows: Decatur, Inman and Alpharetta? I'd exhibited at the "2014 Virginia-Highlands Summerfest" and wasn't impressed but was scoping around for info. A couple of my neighbors at that show expressed differing opinions, one saying that the only good Atlanta-area art fair left was "Decatur Arts Festival". I'd been reading good things about "Inman Park Arts Festival" on this site but those neighbors of mine said that it was more of a street fair than Virginia-Highlands. Now I see that I am receiving emails regarding the "Alpharetta Arts Streetfest", of which I can find scant reviews. The only other Atlanta-area show that I've exhibited in was "Dogwood" and that also failed to impress me ($).

Of course, I'd WELCOME any other opinion on GA art fairs that I haven't mentioned, too! (My brother and family has recently moved to Savannah.)

Thanks!

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I do both Dogwood and Inman Park in April. Dogwood for me is always a top 5 show dollar wise for me, having done it for the past three years. 2015 was my 2nd Inman Park show. I agree that it can be a bit of a street fair atmosphere and it's huge, but it is always a successful show for me because of the sheer # of patrons. 

• Thanks for your input, Matt! The numbers game does matter on several counts so I may have to give Inman Park a try.

• Over the past 5-6 years I have reviewed almost all the shows ITP for Atlanta. Don't do OTP. Not sure of your market but you can read the reviews. Just finished Decatur. Worth trying, mixed reviews this year but strong buying crowd. I am not a fan of Dogwood either.
    • Thanks very much for this info, Melanie...I am going to have to go look up your reviews in short order. I'm moving to Chattanooga (from MA) and with Atlanta being the closest BIG city, I am mining for nuggets.

• Colleen- You should investigate the TACA (TN Craft) shows held in Nashville which will also be in your "backyard". They hold 2 shows a year. The spring is the first weekend of May and is open only to TN artists and artists of neighboring state art guilds. The fall show is the 4th weekend of September and open nation wide. They are run very well by Teri Alea, executive director of TN Craft organization. Easy load in and out. Good crowds weather it's raining or not. Lots of money in the area for buying.

I've done both shows for 3 years now. They've been increasingly better financially for me as people recognize my work from year to year. Applications are on Zapp.

• Thanks so much for the heads up on Nashville, Alisa...you are absolutely right and that you've done it for three years is good info. I have never participated in any show in that area and know very little about the city itself but I am certain that's about to change, as I settle in.

Funny enough it was a TACA show that brought me to Chattanooga in the first place, maybe ten years ago. They had held one in Coolidge Park and I'd participated twice before it was no longer a show in existence. The timing of the show seemed to fit as a filler show but I'd done well both times I'd exhibited. The show may have ceased in Chattanooga but I kept returning for visits!

I will hope to see you in Nashville next May!

• What are ITP and OTP?

thx

• Good call, Carol...I didn't know, either.

• Inside the perimeter outside the perimeter, 285
  • Did you get into any of these shows? I applied for Decatur and was not invited. I'm new in the area and have not heard of the others.

This reply was deleted.