Fulltime RVers traveling to Art Fairs

Is there anyone else out there whose primary residence is their RV and they do not have a physical residence anywhere? I ask because this will soon be my situation. I have just returned to the US after working overseas for 7 1/2 years. I plan to purchase a travel trailer and travel around to art fairs. I will not have a physical residence. I plan to declare my domicile as Arkansas in that is where I am from and want to keep my medical network in that area.

Here is the issue I am running into...I checked into getting liability insurance for my art fair business but they won't insure me if I don't have a physical residence. I running into the same issue with getting health insurance. I have a mail service with an Arkansas address but not a residence.

If you are living in your RV, I would love to hear the solutions you have for my predicaments. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Mike

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• https://rvshare.com/blog/state-residency/

This is something we (wife and I) are on the cusp of doing ourselves. Lot's of things to iron out, especially carrying my inventory which is all large format print media, and backfilling inventory while on the road. 

We have family in western Montana, may lean towards parking there for longer periods, especially since I shoot the wilderness in Glacier so frequently. 

So many folks are doing it, granted the number is much smaller when you consider how many professional "fulltime traveling RV living art galleries" compared to ordinary freedom lovers. Hope the link helps

• You  might also look into "Passport America" and "Good Sam", I have found them useful in saving money on many things related to RVs and travel.

• Yes, I will be looking into both. I heard of each mentioned in some of the Escapees info I have been looking through

• I recommend you join, if you haven’t already, some of the full time rv’s Groups on FB. They cover residency issues, insurance, etc. 

• Good advice. THanks!

• Escapees RV Club is all about the fulltime RV owner. Has huge support network from mail order to domicile locations in Florida, Texas, South Dakota. You should find everything you need for a low price yearly membership. Welcome to the fulltime lifestyle.
    • Thanks Dale! I just joined them! I guess I was on the right track with that decision. :-)

• Like Larry said there was a thread about a year ago.  During our travels we've spoken with a few full timers that travel the country from place to place.  The two I remember used a RV park in I believe North Dakota as their home base because of the tax benefits.  They drove "Greyhound" type of RV's.  This RV park was setup just for those people that no longer have a true physical residence.  When they parked it somewhere for a few weeks they would contact "home base" they would forward their sorted/filtered mail for a nominal fee.

• Thanks Ralph for your response. I will be doing something similar to what you described. 

• Not sure if this will work.

A) Book yourself into an RV park or hotel. Declare that address, then have your mail forwarded from there.

B) Use your Attorney & the attorney's address. They can act as a legitimate go between.

C) Any relative you trust. Then mail forwarding.

About the RV life. There was a thread started on here with some good responses, during this past year. Try a search. You may get some thoughts there.

This reply was deleted.