Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Hi! I am thinking of applying to a few shows in the Florida area. I live in Houston and was looking at shows that are 10 hours or less from me.Wondering if anyone has feedback on a few shows I am looking at on ZAPP... 

Art in the Park Pensacola 2014 

LeMoyne Chain of Parks Art Festival 2014

Thanks!

April Murphy

Views: 1555

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's great advice. And that's the issue for someone that is not from Florida... I don't really know what the long running established shows are. I am assuming that The Great Gulf Coast Art Festival is one of them.

Thanks for the confidence, Barry Bernstein. If I were fraught with low self-esteem, I'd be crushed. Guess what?......................NOT!

Fairhope is another good show. There are two main shows happening at the same time in March, and they are adjacent to one another. We did the one sponsored by Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce and had excellent sales. Our booth location was in a prime spot right in front of Hampton Inn at show center. We couldn't have asked for a better spot. The difficulty with this show can be accomodations. You could have to stay in a hotel out on the interstate if you want to spend less money. It's a very busy weekend.

I'll give some scoop about Tallahassee Chain of Parks next time. WOOHOO!

Thanks for this info!

Everything good that can happen at an art how has happened for us at Tallahassee Chain of Parks. I don't think it's that way for everyone, however, since I've heard plenty artists say BEEN THERE DONE THAT. I can say that sales have slumped quite a lot for us despite winning Best of Show twice, including last year. Our sales were worst ever last year. But we're going back, or at least we have it on the schedule. We've actually exhibited at Chain of Parks more than any other Florida venue. We really like the city and the people there. And like I said, despite dwindling sales, we still have great things happen for us at Chain of Parks that makes it worth our while.

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the our latest Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

Video Website Reviews

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service