Hello,

What are some ways you guys find shows and festivals in your specific areas? I'm looking at greater Seattle area, looking for smaller local ones to gain experience. 

Is it advisable to pay for subscriptions to the listing sites, or are there free listings? Can they be found other ways? 

:) 

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I live in the Mid-west, and the states around here all publish a state festivals guide.  It is also available on line.

• It's possible I just haven't found it yet. :P 

• Must be a glitch as Washington would not work for me either. Contact Zapp. Go to city web pages and checkout their  Events sectionn if they have one.  Lots of these are un listed and only advertised locally. Talk to other local artists in places, local guilds, etc.

• I like this site for info, as well as the connected ArtFairReview etc. Also a subscription to ArtFairScourceBook is well worth it. Perhaps you are not ready for the AFSB subscription yet, but I think it is very, very good.  Also look at JAS (Juried Art Services), CAFE (Call For Entry), Zapplication, 

• So I took a look at JAS, CAFE and ZAPP. I wasn't impressed with the first two, because of the lack of information about how they work. Neither seemed transparent or coherent.

I signed up with Zapp, because I could explore, see actual events listed, and their marketing was nicely done. I just wish they had a state filter on the events. 

I tried to find a link to the AFSB subscription up top, and... can't find it. I'm not ready for a paid one yet. Trying to make most mistakes on the small shows first. ;) But I'd like to take a look through the AFSB, if someone can drop in a link. 

This reply was deleted.