Ez-up Tent....

Just got my tent last week! Did a trial set-up on front lawn. I love this thing! Much easier than my last put it all together- much less time consuming too! As I am only 5 feet tall, and weigh 108 lbs, I needed something I can set up by myself, with little danger to myself and those around. The best part is I got it at 55% off! Less than $300.00! My questions are 1. How should I waterproof this? and 2. How should I provide additional weight in windy conditions? I don't want to have any tipping and blow overs. Any other tips or hints? This will be my first year doing many shows, on a full time basis, and using a tent regularly. Any advice would be helpful. Most of my shows so far have been inside.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Please get the stabilzer bars from Flourish. They make the tent more stable.
  • Thanks Don,
    I found them earlier-very helpful. I appreciate all the advice and hints from everyone here! Gotta go pack up the car for my next two shows- Artwalk tonight, and Craft Fair tomorrow! Lots of travel bright and early tomorrow too! Good Luck at your venues!

don crozier said:
    I'm sure there's a discussion here about tent weights, not sure where to tell you to look- try the search box in the upper right hand corner
  • Thanks Dave,
    For the advice and ideas for weights and stability! It gets windy here in Maine, especially on the coast where alot of my venues will be! Oceanic gusts can be very unpredictable and strong! I have actually trolled the sight and viewed some of those posts since I posted- all very excellent ideas!
    and everyone on this site has been very helpful and informative! Glad I joined! Another cold, drizzly day here in the Northeast- can't wait til Spring finally springs! Gotta run and prep for my Artwalk this afternoon/evening! Then turn around and travel 1.5 hours tomorrow for another! Will be back online Sunday with new pix of my new set-up! Luck to all doing shows this weekend!

Dave Hinde said:
    There've been a couple threads about making cement weights out of PVC pipe. I'm actually making some this weekend with a friend. There was another thread about some manufactured weights, but I can't remember the names of the companies. One other resource is the sand bags at Flourish.Com. If you get them, use pea gravel, not sand, to fill them up. Sand leaks!

Yes, you will need weights. How much depends on what kind of displays you have inside. I use steel gridwall and it adds about 150 pounds to my tent, so my weights are just extra protection. Another suggestion would be to get the Sta-Bars from Flourish. They are great at stiffening the EZ-Up or Caravan tents. I looked down at a long row of tents at a show in 2008, and mine was the only one not swaying. The next year 5 or 6 of the other participants had bought the Sta-Bars! Best $150 investment I've made in the show area!
  • There've been a couple threads about making cement weights out of PVC pipe. I'm actually making some this weekend with a friend. There was another thread about some manufactured weights, but I can't remember the names of the companies. One other resource is the sand bags at Flourish.Com. If you get them, use pea gravel, not sand, to fill them up. Sand leaks!

Yes, you will need weights. How much depends on what kind of displays you have inside. I use steel gridwall and it adds about 150 pounds to my tent, so my weights are just extra protection. Another suggestion would be to get the Sta-Bars from Flourish. They are great at stiffening the EZ-Up or Caravan tents. I looked down at a long row of tents at a show in 2008, and mine was the only one not swaying. The next year 5 or 6 of the other participants had bought the Sta-Bars! Best $150 investment I've made in the show area!
  • I'm sure there's a discussion here about tent weights, not sure where to tell you to look- try the search box in the upper right hand corner
This reply was deleted.