Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I recently googled an exhibitor  and learned that he is president of a company that according to the company profile employs 20-50 and has annual sales of 2.3 million dollars.  Additionally he does art fairs in 28 states.

How do I compete against that?

Views: 1263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chris, some of my patrons REALLY need a belt or suspenders to keep their pants up. LOL

They need suspenders, but do they need yours? They can buy them at Wal Mart, but like yours better.

At the moment I am closer than Walmart and the wife tells him to get them LOL. Same for holsters one guy "wow I never expected to find a leather holster for my Kimber here" - $100 sale.
Tom,not all production work us junk, i.e. Hermes, Gucci, in leather.

Or Louis Comfort Tiffany. And Gustav Stickley who started the whole Craftsmen movement in the 1930s. These weren't just designers, they made the pieces and had people making the work to their standards.

Actually Stickley started a lot sooner than the 30's.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Stickley

I think I saw them at at least 2 shows this year. Gig Harbor and West Linn.

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service