Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I'm essentially new to doing art fairs and I'm wondering how common it is that artists carry step ladders with them.

What got me thinking about it was if I have to close/open the vents on my TrimLine, I'd need some way to reach them and I don't want to have to borrow someone's ladder. I'm six feet tall but I cannot reach the vents.

1. Is a step ladder worth making room for in my limited space vehicle?

2. Any recommendations on a specific type or model of ladder?

3. Is there a magic tool or trick to opening/closing the TrimLine's velcro-secured vents without a ladder?

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't answer all those questions, Jay, but we did carry a small step stool that was collapsible with us. You're right those vehicles require careful packing to get all the necessities with you. Another thing to keep in mind is you're not the only one in that situation and your neighbors may be able to help, and probably will gladly do so.

Yes, I have always used a 6' stepladder. The upper 4' of my walls are pegboard and I need the ladder th hang the sheets and place hooks for my leather goods. It is also essential for reaching the top top rail at 7.5' for anchoring tent weights. Weights and placement are important.

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service