While reading through some of the new members "fun facts" about themselves I found this:

Stephanie Chubbuck  -  I have work in the White House Collection.

Sally Batson  -  At the Nashville Southern Women’s show I was exhibiting and Miss Kay from Duck Dynasty was there.  I met her and gave her one of my crosses because I enjoy the show and what they stand for.

I started thinking.  We have almost 10,000 members here now.  I wonder if there are other members who have sold a piece of their work to someone famous, or you have your work displayed in a famous building or collection somewhere.

Let us know if you have a special piece displayed or owned by someone special.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I guess I'll echo what Greg Little said, I don't think I've sold one of my creations to anyone famous or been asked to donate anything but I do have several women, that I know of, who have two or more of my bags or hats that they "collect" and whenever I see someone wearing one, it just makes me smile and validates what I do.  I think they're all special and have extremely good taste...ha!

• When I was a potter I got a commission to make the funeral urn for a decorated WW11 veteran whose ashes were to be buried in Arlington. I made it, and the family was pleased, and now my pot holds a hero's ashes and will remain in Arlington Cemetery for as long as this country lasts. Shortly after that I gave up being a potter, I felt that I couldn't top that and maybe it was time to move on to a different medium after 30+ years in clay.

• What an honor Joan.  That is really special.

• My personal silver-mounted saddle built in 1996 is in the Pueblo County Historical Society collection of Pueblo, CO and other 19th century Colorado saddlemakers as a contemporary example. It is the largest collection of early Colorado makers' saddles. I also have a carved panel illustrating the southwest Porter style of leather carving in the Western Folklife Center collection, Elko, NV. This was requested as part of a 1997 exhibition "Saddle Up. - A Renaissance in Leather, the top thirty North American saddlemakers selected by their peers".
    • Like, like, like.  Richard, I would love to see your work in person someday.  I bet it is beautiful.

• Jeanne, wow, you must have the corner on Indian related art on the east coast.  How cool is that?  Robert that was a very good cause that you donated your photo for.  Good for you for having a compassionate spirit.

And Rich, yes TV series do count and we want to know what show has 2 of your bags.

• It was pretty little liars a couple of years ago.

• LOL  No, I don't have a corner on the market.  Connecticut and New England has some very active artists and craftsmen.  My Band of Abenaki was only state recognized about three years ago and I think people are trying to help us make our mark.  Connecticut has two very active tribes (Mohegan and Pequot) with many Natives from other tribes relocated here.  I was fortunate enough to already be an artist and teacher (now retired) so I have the background for giving workshops, teaching classes, and presenting my own work which is historically based on tribal designs. Grandma Moses was discovered at 89.  I am getting discovered at 69. Better late then never.  While it all sounds great, I should say that ti really doesn't bring in as much income as it sounds like it would.  Born poor, lived poor, and will die poor, but I will hopefully leave a legacy.

• Do TV series count? I have had two different bags on two different episodes of a TV series.

• Every person who has ever thought enough of my work to have purchased one of my pieces is most definitely someone special in my eyes. I genuinely appreciate each and every one of them.

This reply was deleted.