Replies

• You might want to check out: PaylineData they have very good rates, legitimate banking company with merchant services. Real people answer the phones, quickly.

Best part...

The vast majority of people use Debit instead of Credit. Instead of paying a high rate for Debit, the Debit purchases are charged a much lower rate in processing fees. Their processing fees are tied to the current banking rates.

Whereas, Square and many others give a flat rate for transactions whether they be Debit or Credit.

• Don't overlook the recommendation of the bank you use. I have been using Clover Go/First Data for about 10(?) years and have been very happy with support from humans when needed (which has been rare). It's more expensive than square and PayPal but, you get what you pay for as the saying goes.  I also use PayPal a lot online for clients paying me.  I supply a close knit community and they are willing to pay me as "friends and family" so I don't get whacked the service fee.  This makes international payments very easy.

• Thank you, Richard!
  • I have Square and have used it for 5 years.  What I like now is that they have acquired Weebly, which is where I have my website.  I can import inventory from Square to my website.  However I have not tried that since I had already added my stock to my website by the time Square took over Weebly.

• That’s a great feature. Thank you for the info!
  • Square for 7 years,no issues 

• I've used Square for five years with good results. People have become more familiar with Square through the years so they are comfortable using it, at least for the most part. I do think that Paypal would be a better choice for online purchases than Square because it's faster to use: just hit Paypal, put in your email and password whereas with Square I think you have to enter your credit card number and security code. That means most of us probably have to go get the credit card out of the purse or billfold because we haven't memorized our credit card numbers!

• Thank you, Bonnie jo. It sounds like ppl are suggesting PayPal provides an integrated approach to both online and in person sales.
  • I'm going to be a little contrarian. When I asked your question years ago, I was steered toward PayAnywhere and have had only good experiences whereas Square can be hard to communicate with, esp a live human, but PayAnywhere picks up the phone and is very businesslike and their online reports are easier to read. I use both now, mostly because I bought a Square chip reader, but that may change!

• Thank you for another point of view, Clayton!
This reply was deleted.