I have applied for the Craftsman's Fair sponsored by the Gilmore Group in Columbia, SC in March 2019.  I would love to hear from artists who have done this particular show.  If I am accepted, this will be my first show.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They used to be better--as mentioned above, they have let buy/sell in too much--I don't do those shows anymore for that reason.

• Robin Weinrich, can you clarify what you mean by buy/sell?

• Items that the "artist" or "vendor" did not make themselves.  I've been doing shows for over 20 years now and it is very easy to see in many booths--also, production work (mass production) and they are letting in more "commercial" interests that are more appropriate for a Holiday show as opposed to an arts and crafts show.  The term buy/sell refers to vendors who buy at a wholesale market (jewelry, baskets, pottery, etc) and bring to a show as if they actually made/produced the times--so they are now reselling something they just bought (instead of making).  Truly a frustrating thing to see at shows that are meant for artists and craftsmen.  

• Thank you Robin Weinrich.  I understand now.  If accepted, this will be my first craft fair so I don't know what to expect.  I appreciate your input.

• Just wanted to jump in a say that not everyone who buys wholesale tries to pass it off as something he/she made.  I have carefully selected items that are wholesale, and they are mixed in with vintage pieces, antiques, and home decor and furniture I've flipped.  I don't try to pass the wholesale off as something that it's not.

• what do you do? You will be accepted, no doubt, not sure they turn anyone away. I don't do indoor shows at all anymore but did theirs once. Mixed bag production, buy/ sell, stuff.

• Thank you Michele Blank for your reply.  May I ask why you don't do indoor shows anymore?

• i need sunlight to show off my glass, and don't dolly.

• Sunlight? perhaps you might try 6500K LED lights.

You can vary the "K" range untill you find what "K" is best for you.

This reply was deleted.