Contrarian View

An artist friend stopped by the studio yesterday to pick up some leather. During COVID-19 he is taking a plein air class, but he is not a painter. He commented that otherwise, he is building inventory expecting a pent-up desire of the public to spend money on art when this mess is over. I agree, and I recently added pink and lime green leather suspenders to my inventory. Until now I only offered plain and carved leather ones. We are both busy with studio work. I just completed restoration work on an exceedingly rare Baxter Kearns swastika saddle, Walsenburg, CO, 1919 (swastika in corner of skirt). I’m working on four new trick saddles of which three are sold. I’m having fun too with this unicorn on a PeeWee trick saddle for the really little kids. One of the adult saddles has a red KuKulKan, Mayan feathered serpent, in center of seat with sunflowers and hemp leaves quilted on black leather. Hope you are tying to stay positive too.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's good to hear what someone else is doing during all of this. Glad that you are busy.

I have also been working but mainly on some new items that sell online. I've stopped doing any art pots for now. I have also been keeping busy in my studio.

The latest news is making it sound like we may not have art shows during most of 2021? Let's hope not!!

This reply was deleted.