Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Looking for the answer to transprting by larger art work....  for my smaller photos rubermaid bins do just fine but for my pieces 22x28 and up its an issue. Currently using old foamcore boxes that end up tattered and tore .. need durable, weather proof , and  easy to carry . Don't want to break the bank either .... last artist next to me had these beautiful cases i was so envious of .... turns out they were custom made.....sounds expensive!

Views: 2018

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

look great Jim, and organized.. I should make some if I had the time. I have many of the Convoy Container boxes with colorplast material, and found another company Amatech-Poly 800-403-6920 x18 in Erie PA.. to make them for me. They have made two rounds for me so far, and know what we are looking for. You give them the inside dimension  and they give you a blueprint drawing to approve, before execution.. Depends on size, but can run $150-200 for larger boxes. I pick them up on my way to Chicago, which seems like a couple times every year.. Not sure what shipping costs. You have to order some kind of quantity, they are a fairly large manufacturing plant.. Talk to Vince, he knows about the "artist boxes".

1 x 10's -- 2x10's are overkill! My three boxes have held up super well since I built them four years ago. They are great for lighter work, like canvas wraps.

I am still using these, seven years later. They are not 100% waterproof, but have kept a lot of work dry.

I carve large, and heavy, wooden panels for wall art. Some of them are as large as 3'x5' and can weigh up to 60 lbs.

I've been using reflective insulation from Home Depot for a few years now. You can buy it in different widths and different lengths. And it is fairly inexpensive. What I do is cut it to size and then make an envelope out of it by duct taping the sides together. I do leave one side larger than the others to encompass a flap. All my carvings go on a cart (dolly), so I can wheel it to my spot, I then lift the carving out and hang it. At the end of the show, I just do the opposite and slide the carving into the bag, put it back on the cart and into the trailer. If I take an extra piece with me, it can stay on the cart and will be fully protected from the elements. 

If it gets ripped, torn, or looking slightly used.... just add more duct tape

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey
Who Won and Why

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

© 2019   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service