Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

After reading several of the postings on this site, it seems that MANY offer customers to purchase by credit card. I can't yet afford the investment in the monthly fee and card machine because this is my first time, but will customers be turned away by cash only? There's an ATM literally just across the street.

Views: 426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Office Depot and Staples sell counterfeit detecting pens if you're concerned about bad bills.

The bottom line IS the bottom line. Why wouldn't you want to make it as easy as possible to make a sale? Why wouldn't you take credit cards. When we started taking cards our sales went up 30% or more...

Visit this post and read what is going on there: http://www.artfairinsiders.com/profiles/blogs/the-newest-options-for

There are so many options - make it easy for your customer! You'll never look back.

Find a way to accept credit cards or don't bother with selling is the advice I would give myself. It is easy for customers to purchase with a cc but handing the cash over is more difficult. One of my last big cc sales was almost $800.00 the customer never even asked how much it was until after the transaction was completed and he singed the slip. As he was leaving my booth he turned and asked "By the way how much did I just spend?" Would he, have walked to the bank ATM and pull out $800.00 and place it in my hand as easy? I do not know. Another customer a lady by herself with two babies walks in and within 30 seconds decided on 3 $300.00 photos pays with cc I cannot imagine her going to an ATM taking out $900.00 and coming back. I know it is hard starting out last year was my second year, my wife is totally disabled and I had a stroke in June. I pressured the doctors to let me out of the hospital early so I would not miss a show. The doctor even contacted the show to arrange for them to do my set up and take down. If you are serious about selling your art you may need to make temporary sacrifices to achieve some long term goals. Think of little things you spend money on during the month, how many of those little things would you give up to help a dream come true?

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the our latest Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

Video Website Reviews

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service