Cable Hangers

Has anyone ever attempted to make their own cable hangers like the ones pro panels sell?

I built my own panels out of aluminum tubing (I actually think mine turned out nicer than what pro panel makes.  only difference is i used a square tube instead of a round).  So i'm looking to save a few bucks and make my own cable hangers.  I bought the tubing and waiting on the cable to come in.  when i get done i will post pictures and see if anyone has any interest, i should be able to do cheaper then pro panel! Below is a pic of my version of pro panels

project.jpg

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We made some out of 2 flat metal washers and 2 pieces of red cut gasket material. A small bolt went in the center with a hex bolt on the back. The wire went directly in the middle. It was very easy to adjust, You will have to work out the hanger at the top. We screwed a small hole in the washer to put a "S" hook to hold, clamp on side of the S to secure. They worked great! And will hold a ton of weight. Use 2 if needed.

• I got the cable hangers in today if anyone is still interested.  $4.50 Ea!

• Pro panel uses 1/16" cable and these will accommodate.
  • I wonder if these would fit on the cable hanger systems I already have from propanels? Does it give a size diameter for the cable to use with it? I am interested in some of them if I can make them work for me. (I was also looking for some a little bit smaller than propanels sells)
  • Jack,
    Responses in your inbox!
  • Brian,

check your inbox. ideas there.

• I do not know the size. They look quite a bit smaller than the pro panel version. I would think these would keep it closer to the wall than 1"
  • Does it say anything about size? I know the ones Propanels sells are about 3" long & will make your artwork hang out from the wall about an inch or so. Just curious if you know about the size of them.
  • Panels look nice, I made my own also but with round electrical conduit and have built-in levelers. I just ordered some more cable hangers from pro-panels, they work great. I think making the hanger would be very easy but the clip a different story.

• So at the $4-5 range you guys would be interested?
This reply was deleted.