Business Software

My News Year's Resolution is to do a better job of keeping my books...Do any of you use a specific software that you like to help keep things organized? Right now, I have an Excel Spreadsheet that I enter all of income and expenditures into. I need to find something that will help me track customers, create mailing lists, log in sales and expenditures, etc. I have never taken to Quickbooks...any other ideas or suggestions that may be geared more towards artists?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Jennifer...I will check it out.

Jennifer Simpson said:
    Have you seen 'Outright' ? I've read so many good reviews about it. I started using it this year and I love it. It's geared specifically toward small businesses, it's free, and it will import all your Paypal transactions automatically. It has graphs and charts that show your best sales, expenses, profit margin and everything. http://outright.com/
  • Have you seen 'Outright' ? I've read so many good reviews about it. I started using it this year and I love it. It's geared specifically toward small businesses, it's free, and it will import all your Paypal transactions automatically. It has graphs and charts that show your best sales, expenses, profit margin and everything. http://outright.com/
  • That's exactly what I use.... and I love it!. I take my laptop with when I do a show, and can even process credit cards using paypal- no expensive equipment...as long as there is electricity and wireless, I'm good to go. Next I'm getting a travel printer- then I can just print the receipts right from there too! Good Luck!

Jill Beninato said:
    Thanks Karole for the suggestion...I downloaded a copy of Quickbooks "Simple Start" to try and I will see how that goes...half the battle will be keeping up with it!
  • Thanks Karole for the suggestion...I downloaded a copy of Quickbooks "Simple Start" to try and I will see how that goes...half the battle will be keeping up with it!
  • Quickbooks helps me do all that you are looking for. I can even process my credit cards through it. It is one of the lowest cost, easier business-accounting programs. You do have to enter your saleable items into a list first, but once that is done it's a breeze. I can even print off by items sold what my best selling items were, print an inventory of finished goods, etc. I love it. I have used some of the other programs out there too- and find quickbooks to be the least hassle.
    Karole
This reply was deleted.