Building a new display

Not sure if this is the best spot of this question, but here goes. My current booth set up consists of three 6’ tables that I configure in a U shape. I do have a couple stands and shelf’s that I put on the tables. But I’m thinking about ditching one of the tables and making a full height tiered display. It would be about 6’ long and would have several shelves. My question is: is there any sort of guild lines or standards that I should be considering regarding the height and/or depth of these shelves? What is considered too low for a middle shelf (assuming I will have a shelf on the very bottom for stability)? What is considered too high for the top shelf? Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks, Derek

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What type of work do you show?

You can go as high as you want/can do safely.

I have high shelves on the back and one side of my booth.

I use them to put up work because I need the space but also to make my booth and work more visible.

With the tent sides up and if there is any space around the booth, people can see my work from a distance.

• I do woodworking, pens, wine stoppers, peppermills, bowls, and some artsy stuff.

I just want to keep things in people’s lines of sight. So I can’t have a top shelf that is 6’ high, no one could really see anything. Same thing with a shelf that is too low, it is out of sight especially things in the back.
      • Derek,

I agree with keeping things at eye level.  Customers don't like shopping much below hip level or above eye level.  I am only 5' tall so for us shorter customers, it means an even lower top shelf!

• Following.

This reply was deleted.