Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

I like to call this weekend in July the Great American Art Fair Weekend with so many choices of shows all around. A few that come quickly to mind: State College (PA), Cain Park (Cleveland Heights, OH), Madison (WI) and the Krasl Art Fair in Michigan. Also big in exhibitors but not as good in quality there are Wyandotte and Plymouth in metro Detroit.

I'll be in St. Joe, MI, on Friday night and Saturday and look forward to meeting many of you there. On Friday evening I'll be in the big white tent hosted by Schu's Restaurant on the main street across from the show. It is a good central place for us to meet up after you set up and I'd like to treat you there to a little AFI hospitality. Can I expect you?

Where will you be? Tell us so we can meet up.

Views: 2031

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

glad to hear from you again, Tomas -- it's been awhile. Best wishes on this. Where in Milwaukee is it?

Lake Country Art Festival, Delafield WI!  It was a very nice show last year, and I'm looking forward to it again this year.  :)

Totally sounds like a lovely place to spend the weekend, Maria. Hope the weather cooperates and it goes well for everyone.

Nice to know this is a good show.  Please post a follow up after this weekend.  I'd really like to hear how it went.  This is a show I've considered in the past.

Hi Connie,

I will be at Krasl this weekend, booth 130. I love this show!!! Hope to see you.

Great, Lynn -- I'm putting you on my list! See you there.

Unfortunately we do not have a show this week, neither of us got into Krasl again. My other half had the best show he's ever had last year there, and they used his photos on the festival site for a year, but he didn't get in this year (didn't get in last year either - they called him onto the wait list from the reject list, then off the wait list, lucky!). I will be traveling to michigan tho by train this weekend to visit family there. So I'm on vacation, hope everyone has a spectacular show wherever they are!
We'll be at KRASL.. Hope we can see you there.

Looking forward to seeing you, Richard.

I always loved one day shows. Imagine a Sunday off in the middle of summer, just like regular people. Hope the show and the day off are just what you need.

I'll be on my way to Ann Arbor from New Jersey. I'll be in booth #142 in the South University section. I am just down the street from East Quad where, many years ago I cut my photographic teeth in a tiny darkroom in the basement of the dorm. Using a borrowed Nikon, I would walk the streets every afternoon taking pictures, return to the dorm to develop the film, eat dinner while the film was drying, then spend every evening trying to make prints. It was a slow but very effective way to learn. In any case it is great fun to now be showing my work in the shadow of the dormitory where it all began.

so, what was your major, and did your folks think it was a good idea to be learning photography while you were there?

Which dorm? My sons are both grads so AA is close to my heart in many ways.

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the our latest Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

Video Website Reviews

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service