Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Hi, 

I'm trying to figure out how to light my tent. Many of my local fairs do not guarantee electrical access, so I would like to run the set up from a battery or two. I'm thinking of using 2-3 sets of plug-in track lights to light my paintings. I've seen people using marine batteries and inverters and I've seen posts about what people buy, but my understanding of electricity is very limited.

Would someone be so kind as to explain to me how this system works? What do I need to power this type of system for 12 hrs or so? How do I put it together? I'm lost. I look at all of the options and numbers and abbreviations and I get completely overwhelmed. Please help!!!

Views: 840

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bought two of these and have used one so far for setup at night. I needed illumnation for shows than run past dusk. Bright, but may alter colors. I can attach them to tent frame and they rotate. Two intensity settings. 

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Lighting-Commercial-Lighting-Work-Light...

If you please, which item are you pointing to? There is a page of options here. I am interested in this post too. Thanks for any help. 

Schumacher rechargeable magnetic tool box work light, The 49.95 one. 

I think the only way to light a tent (displays) is using a system from SiliconLightworks.com. I've used them for years and absolutely love them. They are battery powered and will last at least 8 hours. The only downside is, they are fairly expensive, but the upside is, they are very good. Look at their website, SiliconLightworks.com

Larry Maynard

I totally agree with Larry. Also useful for recharging your iPhone or portable Square reader. I've had a little trouble with loose wiring on one or two, but the customer service is excellent. I lost my batteries in a flood at an event last year and they were kind enough to give me a a nice discount to replace them. If you have any questions, ask for Eric, outstanding customer service.

Start with LED lighting. Most LED lights have a transformer which converts 110 volts AC to 12 volts DC.

I've created wooden crates & installed under cabinet LED lighting. When I have a booth without electricity, I splice a cigarette lighter plug into the wiring. The cigarette lighter can then be plugged into a portable battery pack. Let me know if more info is needed. GNeuberger@ verizon.net

George

Thanks!

In my opinion the only lights to purchase for a both are from Silicon Light Works.  As Larry Maynard mentioned in an earlier post they are a bit pricey but, again in my opinion, are well worth the extra expense.  No more hauling around heavy marine batteries.  They look professional, will run all day, generate a good amount of light and at the end of the day one only has the small batteries to recharge.

They provide great white lighting for jewelry too!

Thank you so much! This article is very helpful

another option (affordable!!!) from harbor freight:  https://www.harborfreight.com/845-Lumen-Underhood-Rechargeable-Work...

41 5/8" long bar lights with end hooks that will hang on propanel stabilizer bars

RSS

Want to sell more online? Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

Top 10 Reviewers on ArtShowReviews.com for January and February

© 2019   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service