Courtesy Dionne Wachowiak, Milwaukee Museum of Art

Happy Sunday all - In case you haven’t already heard, here are the artists that were chosen this year by our jurors for their overall excellence and creativity. Below are the details. Congratulation and HOORAY! - Dionne The following information was also posted in the local paper and on the LFOA website Friday evening. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/159254985.html#!page=1&pageSize=10&sort=newestfirsthttp://lfoa.mam.org/art/award-winners-2012 A total of $10,500 in awards was presented! Ten awards of $1,000 each to be given where excellence is determined by the jurors. The top ten award-winning artists are automatically invited back to LFOA for the next two years without jurying and will receive a commemorative piece of artwork specifically designed for them by a fellow LFOA exhibiting artist (Toby McGee). Jurors also selected Honorable Mention award winners, all of whom are automatically invited back to LFOA for the next year without jurying.

Jurors for 2012 LFOA were:Russell Harris – Artist, Educator at The Latin School, Chicago ILAnn Pifer – Owner of The Grand Hand Gallery, Saint Paul MNDrew Stevens – Curator of Prints, Drawings and Photographs at the Chazen Museum of Art, Madison WI A single $500 Sculpture Garden Award was presented to (1) participating Lakefront Festival of Arts 2012 Sculpture Garden exhibiting artist that was chosen by MAM’s very own Mel Buchanan (Mae E. Demmer Assistant Curator of 20th-century Design).

Sculpture Garden Monica Rudquist: Minneapolis, MN –Ceramics 

Award Winners

Paveen Chunhaswasdikul: Gadsden, AL – Ceramics

Steve Edgar: Tallahassee, FL – Fiber Wearable

Cali Hobgood: Urbana, IL – Photography

Ron Hoyle: Lees Summit, MO – Drawing/Pastel

Nicario Jimenez: Naples, FL – Mixed Media 3D

Maja: Carmel, CA – Jewelry

John Petrey: Chattanooga, TN – Sculpture

Monica Rudquist: Minneapolis, MN – Ceramics

Viviana Santamarina: San Francisco, CA – Fiber Non Wearable

Betsy Youngquist: Rockford, IL – Mixed Media 3D Honorable Mention

Marvin Blackmore: Durango, CO – Ceramics

Theodore Gall: Ojai, CA Sculpture

Clifton Henri: Chicago, IL – Photography

Ning Lee: Livingston, NJ – Painting

Katie Musolff: Stoddard, WI – Painting

Mikel Robinson: Durham, NC – Jewelry

Chris Roberts-Antieau: Manchester, MI – Fiber Non Wearable

Grant Silverstein: Mansfield, PA – Printmaking

Gary Stretar: Spencer, OH – Painting

Nick Wroblewski: Viroqua, WI – Printmaking

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We have three members of AFI on this list of award members and we extend our congratulations to them for their wonderful award winning work.  They are highlighted, please click on their name and enjoy their profile.  Again congrats for being an award winner at the 2012 Lakefront Festival!  If I missed anybody...please let me know so I can add my congratulations to them also.  Thank you.

Sabrina Aughenbaugh

AFI Administrator

• I am glad that Cliff won but who is Cali Hobgood. Rusell harris is very nice guy. He teach at latin School in Chicago, IL now I got something to talk with him. Shame on him for not give you an award James. I hope you have a great show.

• Thanks for posting this Jim. I hold that the Milwaukee Lakefront show is the hardest one to get into in the country, so kudos for everyone who was accepted.

You may know Cali's work, Oscar. She does a lot of very graphic and simple still life, used to handcolor her work and it is all studio work. Little color, experimental printing.

Ted Gall is going to be part of my next podcast. He does wonderfully detailed and sort of intellectual, idea-filled, bronze sculpture. Chris Roberts is also on my list of people to be interviewed.

• Thanks, Jim!

This reply was deleted.