Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Hi, all - Has anyone done ArtExpo in NYC? It is expensive, $3550 is pretty much the cheapest price, but it seems the potential upside is enormous. If anyone has done it, have you done ArtExpo itself, or Solo, which seems to be a part of the whole event, though I do not understand the distinction... 

At any rate, I'd appreciate any insights or experience. Thanks! 

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Carrie, many artists have done this over the years, some for multiple times. Member Mary Johnston has had success at it and has been there in recent years. She is also opting to do a new fair run by them in San Diego. Now that seems a good endorsement. Not sure if there is a blog on here about her experiences there or if we've just had a private conversation about it.

Look for her page on the site and message her about it.

thanks, Connie, I will!

I know an artist who did it for a number of years, in fact his overall space in the show would cost him nearly $20K since he really did it up right and made a big splash. But, guess what? Even though he says that all the galleries know him now, he's only doing outdoor art fairs and not doing ArtExpo or participating in gallery shows at all. He's selling his own work at outdoor fairs such as Sausalito, Amdur, and Paragon events.

I know one thing, it was certainly a great venue for Andy Warhol and Peter Max.

You might want to get a complimentary subscription to Art Business News AT THIS LINK ON THEIR WEBSITE. I used to be a trade subscriber, but quit it about 10 years ago. ArtExpo artists advertise profusely in that magazine, or I know they used to advertise in it back when I read it.

Thanks, Barrie Lynn Bryant! Appreciate the info and input. 

You are welcome, Carrie Jacobson. WOOHOO!

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service