Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Winter Park just canceled. As the info comes in about refunding booth fees, I will post that when I know it. Or, someone else can if they get the word before I do.

Views: 13005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This in from AVA / 4 Bridges in Chattanooga.

postpone the 4 Bridges Arts Festival until September 3-5, 2020. 

If you are unable to participate in the festival on these new September dates, there will be two options: 1) (preferred) we hold your booth fee, and guarantee you a space in the April 2021 festival; 2) if necessary, a refund of your booth fee.

State College PA is not cancelled but sent an email saying that if it is, we do get full refund.

Thank you, Rick.

Well, not sure if this is good news, maybe? but I bounced this idea off of two different show directors of two leading shows (everyone here would know the show's names), and, they are considering it. One is presenting the idea immediately to their board.

I can see some advantages, actually, everybody gets to see everything; this will cut down a bit on looky lou's (although, perhaps this is a disadvantage - most of my customers do not know that they wanted one of my pieces until they saw it.)

Perhaps we call this style of managing a show ' the walking gallery tour'.

Open to comments from other artists, how would this affect your sales presentation at the show?

I am cancelling attendance at a show here in Barrington - controlled attendance, 1 person in the booth only, you cannot touch anything in the boots (I create functional fine art), masks for two days, no cash, only one direction down aisle - etc. etc.  I'll wait - for close to $1000.00 in fees it's just not worth the irritation.  

OKC is cancelled. Refunds coming.

Here is a good article that articulates what can happen when an art fair is cancelled. The OKC supports many cultural activities throughout the city: https://journalrecord.com/2020/03/19/ripple-effect-cancellation-of-...

We’re you going To Oklahoma City, Barry?

Thank you for staying on top of this.

I was.

ah, too bad, I have heard that is a great show

And this from ARTexpo in NYC: 

Hi Connie,
Yes, unfortunately we have had to announce that we are postponing Artexpo New York due to the coronavirus. We have a little more information here:

We do have tentative dates in October, but nothing is confirmed.

We’ll keep you posted. Be safe and stay healthy!

Best,

Stacy

Update on Edina Art Fair- Edina, MN

Dear Art Community,

In hopes to make this unsure time a little easier, we have decided to post an alternative date of August 21- August 23 for the Edina Art Fair in the event we need to cancel our June date. To reassure you, we are still in hopes and in planning mode that the Edina Art Fair will be happening on June 5-7. If we are instructed otherwise by state officials we will switch our event to the alternative date of August 21-23.

As we move forward during this time we want to assure the success of the event and safety of our communities. We are grateful and lucky to have such great vendors that have our alternative dates held on their calendar in the event we need to cancel our June dates. We will notify you as soon as that information changes. Reminder that we will honor our cancellation policy if we cancel our event completely, we will offer a full refund to artists.

Take care of yourselves and let’s hope this gets under control soon!

Warmly,

Rachel Thelemann and Bella Gonzalez

Great idea, Bella. I'm sure many will appreciate this heads-up. Thank you. Crossing my fingers along with everyone else that events will proceed in order soon. 

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the our latest Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

Video Website Reviews

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service