Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Winter Park just canceled. As the info comes in about refunding booth fees, I will post that when I know it. Or, someone else can if they get the word before I do.

Views: 12884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Park City/Kimball sent out an announcement, reproduced here:

"Thank you for your patience as we continue to navigate ever-changing rules and restrictions regarding COVID-19. While specific plans and details are still evolving, I am excited to share with you that the 51st Park City Kimball Arts Festival is looking to move forward as scheduled, July 31-August 2nd on Park City’s historic Main Street.

We have been working with state, county, and city health officials to plan and execute the safest event possible. Your health, along with the health of our staff, volunteers, attendees and community are our top priority. Here are some of the steps we’re taking to host a pedestrian event within the guidelines:   

• Limited to approximately 140 artists.
  • Each artist will occupy an island booth (open on up to 4 sides) that is either a 10’x10’ or 10x20’ footprint. A 10’x10’ booth will cost $725 and a 10’x20’ booth will cost $1,450.
  • At least 10’ spacing in between each artist booth to allow for social distancing.
  • Requiring all artists, staff members, and volunteers to wear masks and routinely sanitize high-traffic areas.
  • Requesting and encouraging attendees to wear masks.
  • Placing hand sanitizer dispensers or hand washing stations at regular intervals.
  • Encouraging social distancing throughout the festival with use of signage and dedicated staff members.
  • Using timed-entry tickets to limit the number of attendees on the street at once. 
  • The attached document has more information regarding sanitation requirements, cancellation policies, and how we will adapt if Summit County moves to a stricter recovery phase. 

Kimball Art Center is offering the first right of refusal to invited artists. Invited artists will have until 11:59pm MST on Friday, June 19, 2020 to accept or decline this invitation. Starting Monday, June 22, 2020, Kimball Art Center will reach out to wait listed artists as spots open up.

Please be patient and understand we are doing our best to contact artists as quickly as possible. To prepare yourself for being moved off the waitlist, please read the attached document outlining our proposed festival in more detail and feel free to reach out with any questions. 

As expected, St Louis is canceled.

Keeping Art Essential

Saint Louis Art Fair presented by Centene Charitable Foundation pushes art forward in the face of challenges in 2020

Clayton, MO – The Saint Louis Art Fair presented by Centene Charitable Foundation (SLAF) has been working diligently to move art forward with the health and safety of artists, volunteers, and the public as its top priority. The Cultural Festivals Board of Directors announced today that the Saint Louis Art Fair on the streets of Clayton has been cancelled for 2020.  

“There will be a 2020 Virtual Saint Louis Art Fair bringing lively, inspiring arts online and into people’s homes,” announces Executive Director Sarah Umlauf. “The virtual experience will provide browsers and buyers the opportunity to meet outstanding artists, see their work, and hear their stories. Attendees locally and from around the country will be able to virtually shop the juried art from Sept. 11-13.”   Many highlights of the event will remain:  SLAF virtual visitors can expect to visit the online art booths, enjoy online performances by a variety of musicians, participate in special Creative Castle activities for children, and celebrate our annual commemorative print.

As a non-profit organization Cultural Festivals, producers of SLAF, will continue to support artists during these challenging times.  “The Board of Directors has explored all options and received guidance from the county, city and state along with the CDC.  The decision to cancel the Saint Louis Art Fair on the streets of Clayton was extremely difficult,” reports Board Chair Ashley George Gill. “Art is essential and hundreds of artists and local businesses depend on our event. For 27 years our organization and the St Louis community has been a leader in supporting the arts and artists.  We are committed to providing an exceptional art experience in 2020 and for years to come.”    

The Peoria Art Guild's Fine Art Fair (September 26 & 27) is another Riverfront event that's been eliminated this year. Shannon Cox, Executive Director of the Peoria Art Guild, said the organization is dedicated to the event, and she remains positive while looking ahead to next year.

“We’ve done it for 57 years in Peoria, and for many years on the Riverfront," she said. "So we’ll keep going and we’ll do it in 2021. Hopefully it’ll be back to normal by then."

Bethesda Row Arts Festival canceled this year

The organizers of this year’s Bethesda Row Arts Festival have canceled the annual event, which was scheduled for Oct. 10 and 11. “While we are optimistic that pandemic will soon be behind us, there are enough unknowns that prevent us from confidently creating the successful, high quality show that artists and collectors are proud to be associated with,” the message said. Organizers are planning on bringing the festival back next year.

Park City cancelled

Has anyone heard anything yet about the Amdur-run shows that are still scheduled? I'm thinking of Millennium Park (moved to September) and Glencoe (moved to October). There's also Port Clinton scheduled for August. It's been a bit silent since they rescheduled the shows for later vs. June/July.

These are the remaining shows I have scheduled, and I don't have high hopes; but there's no information forthcoming. The last non-Amdur show I had (Lakeview East, in September), cancelled last week. I cannot imagine these shows going forward; and if they do, I am not sure I'm comfortable doing them...

Hello,

Anybody have info on Woodland (Louisville, KY) in August?  They do not answer multiple emails or pick up the phone. Jurying date is way passed but ZAPP still shows "received" with no further information.

Thanks,

Don

And now Main Street Ft worth:

"Following weeks of watching, learning, understanding, planning and considering all options, the board of directors of Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc. has made the difficult decision to cancel the MAIN ST. Fort Worth Arts Festival in its original form.

Postponing the event from April to September has provided time to observe best practices, and develop protocols to allow us to hold the event safely. Unfortunately, the free, street festival layout with our large crowds simply would not allow us to provide the proper environment for safe physical distancing.

You will automatically be moved to the 2021 show, scheduled for April 15 - 18; however, you must click the link below to confirm participation.  All payments will apply to next year's booth fee(s), You may also request a full refund, but please note that by selecting this option you would forego your confirmed participation in the 2021 show.  

We are exploring two other possibilities for September, including an indoor version utilizing the Fort Worth Convention Center, September 11-13, and a Virtual Art Fair (with a robust e-commerce component), and we would like your feedback. These two concepts are both described in more detail through the link below. Please understand these are concepts only and your opinion and feedback would be very helpful in determining next steps."

Well, Cr-p! Since Deep Elum (ft worth) is the same weekend, or the weekend after, guess I need to withdraw from that one as well,

Rose Square Productions has cancelled their Fine Art & Crafts at Anderson Park in Upper Montclair, NJ 9/12 & 13; and the Fall Fine Art & Crafts at Brookdale Park in Bloomfield/Montclair, NJ 10/17 & 18. Attached is the official announcement RoseSquared.docx.

It is with great disappointment that we inform you that our next festival, The Rio Grande Arts & Crafts Festival - Balloon Fiesta Show (Oct 2-4 & 9-11, 2020), is cancelled.

Ugh.

Considering that the virus is spiking to new levels in states that have ignored the social distancing and the wearing of masks, there isn't going to hardly be any art fairs until next June. I'm going to do one just because I can do something that I've always wanted to do anyways. I'm going to rope off the front of my booth so that everyone has to look at the work from outside the tent. I'm going to wear white gloves and handle my work when someone wants to see something. What I'd really like to do is put a sign on the rope saying "By Appointment Only" with my phone number. I'd sit in the back of the booth and answer the calls. I've always wanted to do that even when there was no virus.

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service