Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Winter Park just canceled. As the info comes in about refunding booth fees, I will post that when I know it. Or, someone else can if they get the word before I do.

Views: 12939

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was referring to the Waterford Fair outside Leesburg, VA. Crafts and home tours, not an art show. I see Reston's news as I'm on their mailing as I did their show a few years ago. I would be surprised if either is a go, although the fair is very stretched out with booths spread throughout the town, with distance between each. As of now, I would feel vulnerable being there for several days.

Here's a perfect example of why you have to speak up to show directors when you feel something could be changed at a show. Yesterday, I wrote to the St James Court show asking them to move the date to pay the booth fee closer to the show date. They responded this morning by moving the booth fee date to August 1st which is two months before the show. I, also, explained that many artists might not be able to pay even at that time because they will not have a cash flow until then. She didn't brand me as a troublemaker and I wasn't boycotted. She thanked me for my comments and they are going to take this up with all four show committees.

This is interesting, the Crosby Festival of the Arts in Toledo, always the last weekend of June had postponed to October 10 & 11: https://www.toledoblade.com/a-e/art/2020/04/30/crosby-festival-of-t...

The Guildford Craft Expo in Guilford, CT, has just announced cancellation of this year's event, https://guilfordartcenter.org/expo/

Thanks to Carol Joy Shannon who forwarded me this Covid payment plan from Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival. Needs to be shared for all those festivals that haven't been able to determine how they will proceed:

We know that everyone is nervous about festivals right now. At this time, we are still planning to go ahead with the Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival in the third weekend of September, 2020, with careful planning and cautious optimism.
In response to the uncertainty created by the COVID-19 pandemic, with the help of the great staff at Zapplication, we have created the following payment plan:
  • If we have to cancel the 2020 Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival, all booth fees will be fully refunded to artists who have paid.
  • Confirmation payment will be in two installments. All artists invited to be part of the 2020 Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival will be asked for half the booth fee as a deposit when accepting the invitation. The second payment will be due just before the festival begins. When artists pay the second installment, they will be re-categorized as confirmed in Zapplication.
  • If we have to cancel the 2020 Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival, all jury fees paid this year will be applied to next year's festival.
  • If the in-person festival is cancelled, a portion of the marketing budget will be reallocated to directing people to the online shops for each of the festival artists, so we can still support them and find that perfect, one-of-a-kind work of art.
  • We have extended the application deadline to June 10, 2020. All applicants will be notified of the jurors' decisions by July 1, 2020.
Apply today to the 40th annual Arts in the Heart of Augusta Festival, Fine Arts & Crafts Market. The application is open and available online at https://www.zapplication.org/event-info.php?ID=8210
Festival dates: September 18-20, 2020
NEW Application deadline: JUNE 10, 2020
Remember, we do not accept buy/sell vendors, work that is designed by someone but created in a workshop, or consumables such as food, spices, soaps or candles. If you apply even though you are not eligible, you will be removed from the application pool; the application fee is non-refundable.
The application CLOSES on June 10th. Artists will be notified of status by July 1, 2020.
*note: Those six artists who won prizes at the 2019 Festival have automatic entry, as soon as they apply.
I love hearing from you, so don't be shy about giving me a shout out by email if you have any questions or need help with something.
Best,
Pax

Leeper Park Art Fair held in June has been cancelled.  Accepted artists who have made a deposit or paid for their booth will receive a full refund.  The show has listed artists that were accepted into the show with 3 of their pieces of art work and their website link.

Stone Arch Bridge Festival in Minneapolis has been postponed till September 26th & 27th.

Smokey Hill River Festival held in June in Kansas has been canceled.

Art in the Park in Lanesboro, MN held in June has been canceled.

Monument Square Arts Fair held in June in Racine, WI has been canceled.

Webster Art Fair in Missouri in June is canceled but the fair will be held virtually on their website.

Edina Art Fair in Minnesota in June has been postponed till August.

Omaha Summer Arts Festival held in June has been canceled but will be held virtually on their website.

The Three Rivers Festival in Pennsylvania in June has been canceled.  

Sorry for all the bad news.

I hope we'll get notice when these events that are going online do that so we can publicize it on ArtFairCalendar.com and in our patron emails.

The info about the online virtual fair is on the show's websites.  Basically, the shows didn't tell us they were having a virtual show, I had to find the info myself.  The shows won't be letting us know.  When I find this info on the virtual online shows I am putting that on the Art Fair Calendar right next to the show.  

I just got this email.  So much for Wyandotte Michigan this year...

Hello, Artist - 

The 59th Annual Wyandotte Street Art Fair is just weeks away and it is very clear to us it will not be possible for the event to take place. Public and employee health must come first and many factors have been considered in making this extremely difficult decision.

The Special Events Office will coordinate the production of a section in the August Welcome to Wyandotte Magazine that will feature artists, businesses and vendors who would have been participants in the fair as well as create an online event that will encourage visiting these vendor’s online shops. We will also utilize our social media outlets to create activities that our community’s families can do at home to celebrate the Street Art Fair and summertime in general.

We realize this is enormously disappointing news for the many people who participate and the hundreds of thousands of attendees to these annual city events, but sadly, these are unique times and this is the responsible thing to do. We hope you will allow us to share your contact informaiton for our online outlets and magazine. I wish you the very best this summer/year and all booth fees will be refunded as soon as possible. 

Please let me know if you have any questions and I hope to see you next year! 

Heather 

I heard from Brookside in Kansas City that they have rescheduled their show for September 18-20. Brookside has always been the first weekend in May, and we would have been there this year had there not have been the pandemic. We decided not to do any shows until we feel safe, and at this time we feel that it will not be in September. 

The new Howard Alan show in Charlottesville, VA has been cancelled.

From Catriona Fraser:

We have made the decision to cancel the 17th Annual "Bethesda Fine Arts Festival." We will not be rescheduling in the Fall.
Please update our show info.
Thank you!
Kate

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service