Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Winter Park just canceled. As the info comes in about refunding booth fees, I will post that when I know it. Or, someone else can if they get the word before I do.

Views: 13020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's official: East Lansing is canceled and refunds will be coming in a couple of weeks. I wish they had announced this two days ago before I paid my booth fee.

If you are a Frederick, Maryland artist that has been hit hard by this shut down the Frederick Arts Council has started a Go Fund Me Artist's Relief Fund.  You can get more info from their website:

Here is a link to the Go Fund Me Page:

Grand Marais Arts Festival (MN) has been cancelled. Was to happen in July, but they're not sure what the state is going to look like and it sounds like they're having money and support problems. They only got through the jurying, so no money to refund. Hope they manage to come back next year.

Omaha has cancelled, giving full refunds, invite to the 2021 show, also a 1 day 'virtual' art fair free of charge for participating artists. show was scheduled for june 5-7

Oh no, Mark. Sad to hear this, but love the idea of the 1 day virtual fair - I look forward to hearing more about that.

I know the Chicago Old Town cancellation was announced a bit ago, but here are the details. Click on the pdf. 

The leadership of the 2020 Old Town Art Fair, the OTTA, and our hundreds of volunteers are saddened that these challenging times have forced the cancelation of the 2020 show; the first time in 70 years there will be no OTAF.   

From Greg Belz in Memphis:

We will not be staging the Great Oxonian Exposition this year (it may be resurrected in '21 as a biennial).
Instead, we will be focused on staging a postponed version of Art in The Loop (now October 2 - 4; having missed this past weekend).
There may be a need to send out a call for that, but I want to wait until things are feeling less raw: maybe in May. I really appreciated the podcast on show *refund policies, and I plan to listen to the COVID relief podcast after it airs today.
 Greg Belz
*fyi -Art in The Loop offered 3 options
1) transfer to our October date & get guaranteed entry, with zero application fee & 50% off next springs show 
2) transfer to next year's show and get guaranteed entry with zero application fee
3) a full refund - no service fees withheld

I got this a couple of days ago from Ann Arbor:

Dear Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair Artists,
First off, I hope you are all doing well and staying safe. Guild staff continues to work from home, but are here to respond and help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
I wanted to email today to just touch base and update you on where things currently stand with the Ann Arbor Art Fair.
The Directors of the four fairs that comprise the Ann Arbor Art Fair are meeting on a regular basis to share information and evaluate where things stand for this year’s event. We will put the health and safety of our artists and fair attendees at the forefront of any decision we make about going forward. As of right now, we all agree it is too soon to make a final decision as things change on a daily basis. Please know that I will continue to keep you informed along the way.
In the meantime:
Payment: Until we have made a final decision on whether or not the event will move forward, we will not collect any more payments from artists.
  1. If your contract is outstanding and you wish to participate but do not have the funds to commit at this time we ask you to please send in your contract so we know how many artists plan to participate should the event go on.
  2. If you are on the payment plan, we will not collect any more payments until after a final decision is made.
  3. If the event moves forward and you cannot financially swing your booth fee right now, then just reach out to Pam or I and we will work with you. We want you to be able to participate if the show happens.
  4. If the event does end up being cancelled, you will receive a full refund of all booth fees paid to date.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me at any time at
I hope that you are all staying safe and hunkered down at home letting those creative juices flow!
We miss you and look forward to when this is all over and we can see our artist family again!
Be well!
Karen Delhey
Executive Director
The Guild of Artists & Artisans

post moved - browser error

Mt. Gretna CANCELLED-refunds for application fee (surprised about that)

Show NOT UNTIL AUGUST...NOT sure what or IF they were thinking-crazy!

I sent them an e-mail & followed up with a phone call, however, of course they left early today...just after the e-mail went out. Bye Mt. Gretna! They can keep their app. fee-they will need it more than me.


Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the our latest Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

Video Website Reviews

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More


  • Add Photos
  • View All

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service