Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Winter Park just canceled. As the info comes in about refunding booth fees, I will post that when I know it. Or, someone else can if they get the word before I do.

Views: 12695

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Spring show, right? As far as I know, they are still planning their fall show.

Has anyone heard from Old Capitol show in Springfield, IL? It's May 16-17.

Alisa, I looked at the Old Capital Show's website and as of today, 3/27/20, the show is still going to be held.  They said the Sangamon County Department of Public Health has not placed any restrictions yet for the month of May.  You should keep checking back with their website as things do seem to change quite quickly with this virus.

Good Luck

Thanks, Jacki. I didn't think to look there til after I had posted my question. My other shows have sent emails and it didn't occur to me to check their website. Silly me!

In case any of you are doing the Crozet Arts & Crafts Festival in Crozet, Virginia, it has been canceled.

However, they will be having a Virtual Spring 2020 Festival on the same dates.  If you are supposed to be in that show you should contact them if you are interested in doing that.

The Mayday Underground Crafts + Art held the end of April in Rochester, New York has been canceled. 

However, because they are concerned about artists losing so much of their income this spring, they posted an online photo album of the artists who were supposed to be in their show on the show's facebook page. 

They are hoping that the artists might get some sales that way.  Here is a link to the Mayday website with the album featuring this year's artists.

https://www.facebook.com/MaydayUnderground/

Oh, thanks for that, Jacki. I'm putting together a list of online sales opportunities and I'll include this.

Just heard today that Trump is calling for the nationwide Shelter in Place to be extended to April 30th.  Artists, expect any April shows you are in to be canceled.  Some April shows have been dragging their feet when it comes to officially cancelling.  Some shows are also not posting the cancellations or postponements where it can be easily and readily seen on their websites.  I have been emailing shows scheduled for April so that I can post all cancellations and postponements for shows listed on Art Fair Calendar.  At this point, I think I have canceled or postponed well over 80 shows just on Art Fair Calendar. 

Anyone know if ZAPP is helping shoulder some of the financial fallout? Are they partially refunding the show organizers? I know some shows are already out a lot for advertising and other expenses like ZAPP fees. I don't know what their fees are exactly but no partial refund or help from them could have a trickle down effect next year with advertising budgets, shows closing up, fees going up, etc. If we expect the shows to shoulder all of it, we will pay for it down the road.

hmm, a good point

At least one show has said that ZAPP said the show should refund artists money. When the show asked ZAPP for any refund from them, ZAPP said no. That will not help.

SPRINGFIELD OLD CAPITAL, IL. CANCELLED WITH FULL REFUND ON BOOTH & EVEN BANQUET TICKETS. 

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service