Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

Winter Park just canceled. As the info comes in about refunding booth fees, I will post that when I know it. Or, someone else can if they get the word before I do.

Views: 13004

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed. Not sure how to handle it though...trying not to burn a bridge - but if there's no movement, I may not have a choice. I can't imagine they spent the $ for advertising, etc already, for a show in MAY.

Elizabeth, I wouldn't go back to a show that keeps any of our booth fees. It's not like there aren't a number of really good shows on that weekend, or even the next weekend.

Elizabeth,

I don't know your immediate financial situation, but you might want to consider asking the director if instead of a 50% refund if they would consider your 2020 booth fees as a guaranteed "reservation" for the 2021 show.  You could also ask that your 2021 jury/application fee be waived since you are not asking for a refund.  In other words, they have your money, you have a spot at the show next year. What is the worst thing they could say?  No?

I emailed asking about that, and relaying what other shows have done. Asking for an explanation why Elmhurst's approach is different, and seeing if there is any way to change this decision. I hope they get back to me.

I heard back - and Roz (the runner of the show) is great, but there's no change in the policy. I will say that the Elmhurst show is a one-woman show in a sense (she does have assistants), so their ability to reimburse is possibly harder...I'm trying to be zen about it, but as more shows cancel, I worry I'll be losing a lot more. I'm still in the process of finding out what her plans are for online marketing; hoping it's a very active approach.

As another poster here said, Roz consistently runs a pretty good show, and usually a good one for sales for me, as I have some regulars who come to the show each year to visit and buy...so it's a disappointment. Hoping they want to shop online this year...

Got my refund check from Tarpon Springs.

Good for them. Harry did you listen to Jean on the podcast yesterday talking about cancelling the show and what they had to do?

Sorry, I was recycling clay as I have a  lot of time on my hands.

It was really nice. She said she was writing each check herself and sending a personal message to each artist.

She did indeed include a personal note. I see her at other Florida shows and she seems concerned about the artists.

I got the email 15 minutes ago. Cottonwood Spring show has been cancelled with full refunds coming in two weeks.

Wilder Art Fair in Elmhurst, IL-May 2-3---CANCELLED---Getting half our booth fee back.

This was always a very good Art fair for us...Roz did a great job.

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the our latest Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

Video Website Reviews

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2021   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service