These shows are new for me and I have a strong show waitlisted for the same timing as SF.  So was curious as the show fees are due soon.  I'm a Jeweler and know there will be lots of jewelers there.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Robbie, it's a nice show..that I think used to be great.  It's not really a paid gate any more like they say.  You will have excellent competition there.  It all depends on what $$$ you need to have a "good" show. Traveling from Phoenix and staying at the hotel, parking, booth, drayage and all cost pretty close to $2400.  People do have money but not necessarily spending it.  Some people come to the show with a free or discounted pass from one of their artists, they walk the show mostly saying hello to the artists and get a chance to wear fabulous and outrageous things.  I love the fashion show, but it doesn't pay the bills.  I know I have reviewed this show.  I have done it twice 2012 covered costs + 2013 I didn't cover costs.  The demographic on attendees is older.  They need to freshen up the show and seek out some younger people with $$.  Hope that helps.  Best wishes with your shows.

• I did the Contemporary Craft Market show in San Francisco last month. It was at Fort Mason - nice area The logistics of getting to and from the show was difficult since we flew and took cabs. If we go back next year we will rent a van at the airport. It was an okay show, since it was our first year and no one knew who we were. We were surprised about the customers buying energy they loved our work all but two people asked for a discount or for us to pay the tax. We got a nice after sale, so now we are on the fence about going back next year. I think we will try it again in 2014.

• I was in Santa Monica visiting family and went to that show.  I was appalled at the amount of (what looked like to me) buy/sell jewelry.  Way too much jewelry anyway, but a lot of it was imports and strung-beads.   Perhaps some of the high end hand-crafted work stood out enough to sell.  The weather was cold and rainy, which did not help the outdoor booths.  The lay-out is confusing.  It cost $8 to visit, but free passes were available on the internet and many other places, so I doubt many people paid to get in.  

• Robbie - Last Sunday Bryan Clark (Dyrad Woods who was almost across from you) introduced me to Marguerite (Imagine If Woodworks) while we were all at the Best of the NW Fall show.  She spoke very highly of both of these shows.  She was also very willing to share information if you want to reach out to her directly.

• I have not done this show but I was wondering if it would be a good show for me. I'm jeweler too, and I know there are lots of jewelers like most shows. I hope some one who has actually done this show comments to this thread.

Robbie

This reply was deleted.