As far as I can tell, square requires a signature for all purchases over $25. What if I don't have a signal and cannot swipe or hand enter the info. Others here have said use a knucklebuster to imprint the card and get the additional info, have them sign the knucklebuster reciept and then put it thru on square when you have a signal. Sounds good (except the card isn't verified), but what do you do about the signature that square requires? Am I missing something? I guess this would also mean I can't take an order over the phone.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi David! I know this post is a little old, but I am trying to find a way to get a signature line on my square register paper receipt. Looking at your post it seems you may have resolved this. Could you share your solution?

Thanks,
    Darin
  • The thing to remember in this digital age is that no one is going to look at the signature unless there is a question.  As long as you have proof that the purchase was made by the person you're good.

• I write "on file" on the signature line all the time.  I guess it could be a problem in the case of a chargeback but for an order over the phone I either have shipping information or I have the customer sign the invoice at the time of delivery.  I haven't run into having to use the knucklebuster but as long as you have a signature there you have proof of the sale.

• I wasn't sure if signing it "on-file" would be ok. It seems like it should though, as you say,  as long as you have the signature. Thanks.

This reply was deleted.