Art Fair Insiders

Call for Artists, Making Money at Juried Art Fairs, Craft Shows and Festivals

All Discussions Tagged 'buy/sell' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Buy sell vendors at juried art festivals

i am wondering how large operation buy sell jewelry sneaks into juried are fairs.  Over the weekend there were two vendors that clearly had…

Started by Barbara Pitorak Bloom

13 Aug 14, 2019
Reply by Sheila Lamberson

COLLECTING ON JUDGEMENTS

This topic came up in the current Buy/Sell Discussion. In 42 years of being in business I have won two out of two judgements in court. I us…

Started by Richard L. Sherer

6 Sep 2, 2015
Reply by Linnea Lahlum

I've been asked: What shows have original work only?

Here is an email I got this morning from a buyer at the art fairs: Are there any art shows which only allow original work… no prints of pai…

Started by Connie Mettler

10 Mar 28, 2015
Reply by Mel Hamrick

Ejection of Buy/Sell from art shows

After reading through many posts here I have read many complaints about buy/sell getting into shows.  I just thought I would start a discus…

Started by Jacki Bilsborrow

14 Jan 30, 2014
Reply by Francois S.Dorleans

Here comes the buy/sell on Etsy!

A friend pointed out an article in Wired Magazine to me, apparently Etsy is struggling with the same issues that art fair promoters are fac…

Started by Amy Ikenn

4 Oct 4, 2012
Reply by Connie Mettler

Art markets, artists, and buy/sell vendors

Hi there, I've been following AFI for awhile and really appreciate the wealth of knowledge, information, and the imagination shared on this…

Started by Jane Brewster

6 Jun 7, 2012
Reply by Jane Brewster

Arts and Craft Fair Blues

I spent the past four weekends criscrossing Florida participating in two juried shows, checking out shows in the central part of the state,…

Started by Sharon " Sherry" Wilson

38 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by Maryllis Wolfgang

My Buy/Sell Solution.

Months ago I wrote to Connie Mettler about the problem of buy/ sell. She said "You can, of course, band together with like-minded exhibitor…

24 Nov 19, 2009
Reply by Chris Hoyt

How artists and craftspeople can influence promoters to elimimate buy/sell and commercial sellers at Arts and Crafts Shows.

I recently signed up for a juried Arts and Crafts Festival in Florida. I had to send three photos of my work and a booth picture. The contr…

6 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by Sharon " Sherry" Wilson

RSS

Fiber artists -- use this resource to find new buyers:  Advertise with Sweaterbabe.com. Reach over 60,000 fiber arts lovers.

Our 50 Best Art Fairs

Look Inside the 2018 Art Fair Survey:
Who Won and Why

Join the MasterMinds Group for personalized coaching on your Internet Lifestyle Business! 

60 Page Report - Best US Art Fairs

Click Here to
Learn More

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Connie Mettler.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service