The 56th annual Halifax Art Festival located in the historic downtown waterfront area of Daytona Beach is the 2nd oldest continual art festival in the state of Florida. The Festival attracts over 45,000 art lovers annually, continuing its tradition of providing the community a showcase for Fine Arts, Fine Crafts, a Student Art Competition, as well as a children's interactive art experience known as Little Van Gogh. The Halifax Art Festival is presented entirely by the members of the Guild of the Museum of Arts and Sciences, a dedicated group of volunteers who work nonstop, yearlong, to provide artists with an exceptional opportunity to showcase their work.
The two-day festival features the juried works of 252 artists, predominately in the category of fine art. These artists have booth locations stretching north along Beach Street from Orange Avenue to Bay Street. Juried non-competitive arts are placed north of the competitive arts. Artists booths, positioned on the street, back up to a grassy median dotted with palm trees. Artists may request booth placements with either east or west facing views. An east view includes food vendors, music, and children's activities, while a west facing view provide artists with shop and restaurant venues across from them.
International street cuisine and good old-fashioned festival food are available with Beach Street cafes and restaurants featuring Festival specials. There is live entertainment by musicians playing a variety of popular music. This year we are expanding the food vendors, wine offerings, and music throughout the length of the Festival!
Extensive multi-media marketing campaign to the Volusia/Flagler area to reach locals and "snowbirds" as well as the I-4 corridor to include Orlando and Tampa. Advertising includes Cable, Newspapers, Magazines, Outdoor, Transit Buses, and Radio as well as Internet and Social media. Budget provided by the Guild of the Museum of Arts & Sciences, the Downtown Development Authority, and a Grant from the Halifax Area Advertising Authority.
- Fine Art cash awards totaling more than $30,000
- 5:30 PM Saturday Night Pizza Party for all artists; 6 PM Competitive Fine Arts Prize Winners Announced
- Discounted accommodations at select local hotels via web link
- "In-Booth Judging" of Fine Arts for cash awards
- Best of Show will be a Judge Selection of a single piece of work
- Friday Registration and Set up begins at 2:30PM on November 2
- Saturday, November 3rd early morning set up permitted
- Winner's Full Breakfast Sunday morning at Halifax Yacht Club, South Beach St (invitation)
- Booth sitting available both days by MOAS Guild volunteers
- Complimentary coffee and bakery goods available both days
- Free Parking. Festival Security Friday and Saturday nights
- No additional charge for corners/ end booth locations