Presented By: Kentuck Art Center
Deadline: June 1
Application Fee: $35/$50; Booth Fee: Various
Artists set up in a beautiful natural setting surrounded by tall pines in Kentuck Park. The Kentuck Festival nurtures artistic expression by providing an opportunity for undiscovered and established artists to share and sell their work, to educate the public about the creative efforts of artists, perpetuate traditional crafts and folk art, and to add to the cultural climate and quality of life in the community, state and region.
Throughout the years many "undiscovered" artists who are now in textbooks, galleries, and museums have exhibited at Kentuck.
To this end, Kentuck strives to showcase work of exceptional quality and creativity by artists in a variety of areas: contemporary art and sculpture, contemporary craft, traditional/heritage craft, and folk/self-taught artists.
Marketing: Kentuck spends more than $30,000 marketing this event, including print, billboards, radio, local TV, and online
Artist amenities include:
- $7000 in awards.
- Booth sitters. Artists' hospitality tent. Artists' party Saturday night.
- Drive up unload/load. Overnight security.
- Flat booth rate (no commission). ATM and credit card processing on site.
- VIP program featuring pre-paid Kentuck Bucks that can only be used to purchase art at the Festival.
- Online catalog featuring 2017 artists.
A new jury panel every year. Jurors are selected from arts educators, museum curators, art business executives, collectors, and artists not applying to the Festival.