I only know of one show this weekend and it is a real sweetie, Round the Fountain in downtown Lafayette, IN, around their beautiful courthouse.

More info: http://wlfi.com/2015/05/19/discover-a-stroke-of-inspiration-at-the-round-the-fountain-art-fair/

This means artists have a weekend off before the craziness of June kicks in.

It is my birthday weekend and my best friend is coming from Detroit, my sisters and brothers from Ft. Wayne and my oldest son is flying in from LA! It is time for a little fun around here.

So, what are you doing?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, most importantly, making cupcakes for and attending my Grandson's 2nd birthday party on saturday.  Other than that, just chillin' and working on some light-weight hats and mary janes for a new children's shop that carries handmade clothing and baby accessories on Livernois between 7 and 8 mile on the old Avenue of Fashion (Detroit) that they're trying to revive.  The shop is called D-Created and I'm excited to be a part of this area's revitalization.  Hopefully, I'll sell some stuff too...

• Hi Connie~Artists getting a break after this week-end?  NOT OUR  WONDERFUL ARTISTS!!!

Remember, our Spring Art at Westfield Old Orchard in Skokie, Illinois~May 30-31st! Sat. 10am-7pm & Sun. 10-5pm.  Come on out & see our Quality Artists that we are so proud of!  We really have a great mix~just what we wanted for this area.  Any inquiries~chicagoafe@gmail.com 

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!  www.facebook.com/artistfriendlyevents 

• Sorry, Kathleen, somehow I lost a week -- hope you have filled your show with some great art and you have wonderful weather. Do you have a few spaces left?

• Hi Connie,

Thank You for asking, but we are really happy with the Artists we have!  It is a small Fair of 30, & we are proud to say we have 19 medias, so there is really no competition!  

Check us out in our facebook~  www.facebook.com/artistfriendlyevents 

Wish you could come Connie~

We also have Creative Activities directed by the Girl Scouts & John Davis from Ann Arbor with his smooth vibraphone music~ (so there is no loud entertainment~LOL!)

• Estes Park, CO Day 1 started off slow but at least the weather was decent with scattered clouds. Around 1:00 the temperature dropped like a stone into the mid 30's and there was a thunderstorm more like a thunder snow storm. JEEZ IT WAS COLD!!. By 2:30 the sun was out and the crowds returned. We topped the day over $1K and $300 over Saturday, 2014. I can relax a little now that we're in the black with two more days to go. There was nasty weather out on the flats- hail and tornado watch at home. People coming up from Denver got into hail and I heard one fellow comment that they got in a snow squall with flakes "as big as half dollars".

• Estes Park Day: Weaker crowds and sales today which I attribute to Trail Ridge Road over the mountains being closed. This keeps people from the Grand Lake and Winter Park resort areas from coming over to Estes Park.  The affluence level was also down. We didn't break $1K today but we are still over $2K for both days. I doubt we will break $3k asn Mondays are usually slow with folks packing up and going home.  Scattered clouds today and it was only chilly when the sun was hidden. It was black with thunder out east toward the foothills and flats.  

• Despite my mental lapse of a lost week before Estes Park, CO show, I finished eight billfolds, eight checkbooks, seven flasks and two canteens by 1:00pm today. We got on the road by 3:00 and had time to visit our son and grandsons in Loveland before going up the Big Thompson Canyon to Estes Park. We are settled in a cozy cabin and are ready for setup tomorrow.  This is a 3-day show.

• Friday morning: rain and drizzle for set up today. At least we are below the snow line just up the road in Rocky Mountain National Park, CO. I haven't heard if they got Trail Ridge Road open over the mountains or not. The Last picture I saw of the visitor's center at the summit had roof-high snow.  Such is spring time in  the Rockies.

• Unpredictable mountain weather: the drizzle let up about 10:00 so we had a pleasant set up day with only a few sprinkles and some real sunshine. A few miles up the road in Rocky Mountain National Park it was snowing. Trail Ridge Road over the mountains will not be open this weekend.  This link has pictures: http://www.9news.com/story/news/traffic/2015/05/20/trail-ridge-road...

The "man with 1000 belts" is ready to make some money even if I only have 940 at this show LOL. It took us 7 hours to set up today but we display a lot of inventory. I met a leatherworker from the Netherlands and we ended up talking shop longer than I should have. You meet interesting people in Estes Park. 

• We will be at Downtown Denver Arts Festival this weekend. There's "chance of rain" but the forecast is much better than last year, where we were hailed upon and generally wet.

Despite last year's rain, we had some folks stuck in our booth in a downpour who ending up coming back and buying -- so we did allright. This year, to the MOON! Right?

This reply was deleted.