I know Mother's Day is this weekend.  That alone is enough to keep some people busy all weekend.  There may also be some graduations.  I know LSU is having graduation this weekend.

Are any of y'all doing shows this weekend?

I am having a pop up shop in our retail store.  Our retail store is focused on work wear and steel toe boots, so totally unrelated to my craft business.  So why am I having a pop up shop there?  Because I can.  Because I am going where some people will naturally be shopping for work but also they can pick up their mom, wife or SO a gift ... all in one stop.  I'll have a variety of price points to satisfy most shoppers.  I have not done this before in our shop around Mother's Day so I am not sure how it'll turn out.  I'll be there Thursday through Saturday.

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I for sure will still be hand sewing woolskin linings to three pairs of antique saddle skirts with 7 or 8 stitches/inch. It's tedious work but machine stitching would break the edge of the old leather. I'm listening to a 24 CD lecture series on the Maya, Aztec and Mesoamerica and might finish it. Sunday the church guys will be preparing brunch for ladies after church. I am repairing a rear fender dent on Subaru from a church lady. Body shop wanted $3K, I've pulled, dent, done the panel beating and have filled with Bondo. Just need to sand and paint. My labor and material will be less than $400. Hmmm makes you think about repair skills versus replacing parts. Besides, it is fun. If and when I get caught up with that I have belts holsters, billfolds, check books, canteens and journals to make up for first art show at Estes Park Memorial Day weekend. Cash flow is always sort of dead this time of year except for completing restoration saddle work.
    • Sounds like a full weekend, but filled with work and pleasure activities.

This reply was deleted.