I've just returned from Stratford, ON, so thoroughly enjoying a few days at the Shakespeare Festival there with some friends. We all need a break from reality now and then and this lovely town is like a fairy tale to me with old homes, painstakingly kept gardens everywhere, great food and theatre that rivals the best in the world. 

But what's happening this weekend?

The 5 weekend calendar of July has rearranged some of the show dates and moved things around, but here are a couple of shows I know are happening:

Park City, Utah - the Kimball Arts Festival

This show gets lots of press and here are two good articles about it. (Richard Sherer, does this one tempt you out of your self-determined radius and Barrie, have you and AB attending this one?)

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2754361-155/top-7-reasons-to-attend-the

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2762879-155/artists-lean-into-the-kimball-arts

Near me, hosting a bunch of artists, the Chesterton Art Fair in Chesterton, IN - frequented by lots of tourists who are at Lake Michigan at this time of the year:

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/duneland/chesterton/chesterton-art-fair-begins-aug/article_5e1056b1-944a-5b2f-9c9c-7923a7f8ef90.html

Also coming up right  now, Crested Butte in Crested Butte, CO, a very fine event. Where I'd like to be though would be Northeast Harbor, ME, for the NE Acadian festival ... 

What about you? Still recovering from the July biggies in Madison, State College and Ann Arbor?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I worked in my barn workshop all weekend to create works for upcoming shows. Carol and I are leaving tomorrow to visit some family in New London, Ct and will be gone about 10 days...so I will be having workshop withdrawals.

We are going to the Mystic Art Festival this weekend and check it out while in Ct.

• Removing an overhead door in the garage, building and framing in a new wall to put in its place, and running electrical throughout the garage studio reno project. I'll also spend a few hours in Thermopolis Hot Springs State Park in order to see the new BIG HORN BASIN FOLK FESTIVAL. WOOHOO!

• You win. You'll have the most fun. It looks terrific.

I especially like the Wyoming Whiskey Tour. 

• Wyoming Whiskey is right here in my own town of Kirby. Our population is supposedly about 90. They built the distillery about 7 years ago.

• Wouldn't upload both photos

301670685?profile=RESIZE_480x480

image.jpg

• Richard, just wondering. Don't you know how to put an image in a posting? I just put these in because I was curious ... if not, there is an easy tutorial up at the top of the site in the Getting Started. 

• Two formats come up for me. The picture icon at the top will post actual image. If the "choose image" comes up at the bottom, only the JPEG link comes up. I haven't really looked at the difference on computer versus iPad but suspect therein lies the difference.
  • I finally got the crupper handholds on the 3 trick saddles. I thought I would have these done last May. I will spend the weekend working on belts for upcoming Golden, CO show, Jackson special orders and other studio order work. Waiting for rawhide to dry takes longer than watching paint dry. The handholds have about 1/4" thick damp rawhide in the and it takes 5-7 days for it to dry enough to take the clamps off because it is encapsulated in layers of thick leather and the colored garment leather. Without clamps it would curl. The dogs love it when I work with rawhide. The black saddle is covered as it will be unveiled when done.

301670407?profile=RESIZE_480x480

image.jpg

• A little show in Noblesville, IN, on Saturday, 9-5. I've never done it before, but it's small and very inexpensive to do. It's a 30 minute drive or less to get there. What I'm not crazy about is set up is on Saturday morning and is supposed to be complete by 8:30. That means I need to leave my house at 5:00AM to be ready.
    • Feeling healthy and well enough to do this, Robert? Recovered from your surgery?

This reply was deleted.