This is a light weekend for art fairs, so hope you get to take some time off and celebrate the independent life of the artist -- in what other profession in our country can you stand out on the street, show your work and ask for money? 

Here's what I know about for this weekend:

Lakeshore Art Festival in Muskegon, MI, 

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/muskegon/index.ssf/2015/06/hopeful_organizers_believe_lak.html

and the Real Biggie, the Cherry Creek Arts Festival in Denver. If you've never attended it, put Denver on your next year travel agenda.

Here's a great article: 10 Things not to Miss at the Cherry Creek Arts Festival from the Denver Post

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• After putting in a 14 hour day yesterday , I get an email that our reservation in Jackson, WY with AirBNB has been canceled. Great, now I have to deal with all of the tourists there, but I found a condo and am waiting to hear back to finalize rental. Tomorrow is going to be a do or die day for getting the last of the inventory done. I took a pass on the place in Jackson that sleeps 9 and rents for $7000.00/PER NIGHT. There is some serious money up there. 

• I'll be enjoying some time off. No shows until August, and the first one is a little one day show 20 minutes from home. I'm doing new work, will be posting some as soon as I get three of four new ones done. I'm prepping some work for the Indiana State Fair with three entries in the Professional Photography category and three in the Fine Art category. As far as this weekend goes, I'm moving tons of boxes and tubs out to a storage locker to get the stuff out from under foot as soon as I finish some shelving for the locker. So for this weekend, I'm wearing my carpenter hat.

• I’m working on the last of inventory for Jackson, WY show next weekend. Holsters, plain belts, some of the carved belts, and canteens are almost done. I still have some carved belts, flasks and checkbooks to do. Jean is making up napkin rings. We are going to break the trip into two 5 hour days going and coming home. We are going to hit Saratoga hot springs and climb Medicine Bow Peak (12,013’) on the way home. Climbing the peak goes back to grad school days at University of Wyoming in Laramie. I’ve got good vibes about this three-day show. 

This reply was deleted.