The only thing in my line of vision is the Ann Arbor Art Fairs. Yes, I know there are others, but this is such a popular event. I haven't missed attending for 37 years.

My younger son and his wife are flying in from LA and I'm picking them up to introduce this California girl to a "real art fair." Will I see you there on Wednesday? or Thursday? Let me hear from you and I'll try to get to your booth. Already counting on meeting John Weller and Carrie Jacobson.

Larry Berman will be around too. He, Nels Johnson and I usually do some getting together.

Here's all you need to know about AA: http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/ann-arbor/

Then on Sunday our family is hosting an Open House here in southern Michigan in memory of my husband Norm Darwish who died in May. I'm expecting artists to shop by from the show as other good friends from our many years of doing shows. Click here for more details. You, as a member here are welcome to join us. Will you?

You need to be a member of Art Fair Insiders to add comments!

Join Art Fair Insiders

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Connie, 

I am so sorry to hear of the death of your husband! I know from my own experience that losing your loving spouse is a deeply emotional journey and adjustment. I wish you new joy in your life as you honor his life and your marriage. My sincere condolences, Connie. 

• I will be in Plymouth, Massachusetts at a very upscale community called The Pinehills. The market is called The Etsy Arts Market and is located on the Village Green. This event, although small,  is never a disappointment and the client base is so appreciative!

• Here is another story about Ann Arbor, with some photos and quotes from the various show directors: http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/07/ann_arbor_art...

I was there yesterday -- this is one place where you'll see everything from the most cliched tchotchkes to gallery level work. I was told potter Marvin Blackmore sold a piece for $65,000! When I got to his booth on Thursday afternoon he was gone -- sold out!!

His nearby neighbor, Patrick Dragon, also a fine potter only had about five pieces left. Way to go, guys.

• Blackmore is awesome! Watch out jewelers since he's entering your medium as well. WOOHOO!

• Salida (Colorado) Riverside Art Festival this weekend.

first time, will let you know how it goes.

• I stand corrected then.
      • Thank you Steve, very much appreciated. 

• How did it go? Was it the same as her other shows, no promotion, just taking the money?

• Where do you get your incorrect information Steve! Why are you trying so hard to smear our company? We are producing quality shows for artists to show and sell their work. I have promoted each of our 4 shows heavily and its all verifiable. 

How about calling each of the following and then giving a true report of our promotions? I have an exact list of all promotions available for all 4 of our shows….and all can be verified. Contact me personally and I will send anyone the list. (dannatullis1@gmail.com) I also provided the comprehensive list of advertising with the display ads to all artists at check in. 

Salida Riverside Promotion: 

Paid Radio ads: Heart of the Rockies Radio (all 4 radio stations, covering 4 genres of music, and 1 talk show, both FM and AM; call Terri Buchanan to verify 719-539-2575

Paid Radio ads: KSBV Radio; call Mark Scott, Station Manager to verify 719-539-9377 

Paid Radio ads: KRCC Radio: call Mary Ellen Davis to verify 719-473-4801

Paid Newspaper ads: The Mountain Mail, Chaffee County Times, The Flume: call Valerie VanNatter to verify 719-539-6691

Paid Magazine ads: Colorado Central Magazine serving San Luis Valley and all of Colorado; call Mike Rosso to verify 719-530-9063

Paid Magazine and Leaderboard online ads: Westword; call Nick Lloyd to verify 303-293-3579

Paid Magazine and Leaderboard online ads: CSIndy.com call Yvonne Ramos 719-578-2802

Paid membership ads: Salida Chamber of Commerce, Call Lori, Director to verify. 719-539-2068 

Paid Press Release service: McKenzie News Service (sent to all media within 100 mile radius). Contact Paul McKenzie to verify paul@mckenziepromotions.com

Paid Facebook Boosts - analytics available on request. 

Community calendars: Salida Citizen, KHEN Radio, all others available

Radio Promotion Interview: KSBV with Mark Scott; call Mark Scott, Station Manager to verify 719-539-9377 

12 street signs in the downtown area where the festival was held - and in surrounding areas. 50 posters were distributed to libraries, post offices, markets, coffee shops, community info boards, in Salida and surrounding towns. 

CrossOver Ads: joint advertising with our 3 other festivals in Parker, Denver and Longmont - each festival had this verifiable amount of advertising. 

Partial Google Results: www.coloradoeventsandfestivals.com/ (our website); https://www.facebook.com/salidariversideartfestival (our FB page);cityofsalida.com/events/, salidacitizen.com › Events; www.coloradoartisttour.biz/salidariversidefineartsfestival; https://www.zapplication.org/event-info.php?ID=3798festivalnet.com/; salidachamber.org/salida-riverside-fine-arts-festival/; www.westword.com/.../salida-riverside-fine-arts-festival-68692; www.mckenzienewsservice.com/ 10times.com/salida-riverside-fine-arts-festival; www.fourteenernet.com/events/art-and.../salida-riverside-fine-arts-festiva; www.themountainmail.com/.../collection_66f3a3f0-2fbe-11e5-a055-177e6…; www.artfaircalendar.com/art_fair/southwest-art-fairs.html; heyevent.com/event/zqkposzxevio6a/salida-riverside-arts-festival; iphonew.colorfulcolorado.com/events?task=view&vmode=e..

• Good luck. Hope it goes well for you. I do not recommend any show by Danna Tullis. Let us know how it goes.

This reply was deleted.